Thread: Valdez Kayaking

Default Valdez Kayaking

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to rent and/or go kayaking in the Valdez area?

We are very inexperienced and will have two children.

Default Valdez

Are you asking about rivers or ocean stuff?

Probably more the ocean because of the kids. I assume it is a bit more calm.

There is a kayak rental on the harbor frontage. I'm sure if you talk to them they can get you all set up.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Pangea Adventures

Check out Pangea Adventures on the west end of Harbor Street. They rent kayaks, and also offer guiding kayaking trips. They will also transport you to the glacier for a paddling trip.

Just out of town you can paddle to Gold Creek or Duck flats, both which are decent paddles, but could get boring after a couple of hours.

Shoup Galcier is about 8 miles from town. It is good for an overnight or 3 day trip, but a pretty long day for a day paddle.

Columbia Glacier is about 30 miles away, but in my opinion, the best area to paddle around Valdez. Pangea offers transport to both of these glaciers as well.

Hopefully this helps. Pangea (www.alaskasummer.com) will be able to give you more details.

Jason

I just booked with Andyr Adventures in Valdez. I believe they do have a minimum age for children though..
    Watson Lake