Thread: Woolridge 20' x+ power

Question Woolridge 20' x+ power

looking to power a 20' woolridge with 150-175 hp jet outboard,any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Whats your budget? New or used motor? Do you care if its 2 or 4 stroke?
    If you can, put the biggest OB on there that you can. Its rated for a 225 (OBJet).
    4 stroke- go Yamaha. Suzuki are great, but you can't get a jet pump for over 140 Hp.
    2 stroke DI- ETEC or Optimax.
    Lots of great deals around on big, carbed 2 strokes if you don't mind going that way. You could probably get into a 175-200 2s for under 5K, and considering a new 4s or DI 2s is going to be 13k+, well, that buys lots of gas.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Whats your budget? New or used motor? Do you care if its 2 or 4 stroke?
    If you can, put the biggest OB on there that you can. Its rated for a 225 (OBJet).
    4 stroke- go Yamaha. Suzuki are great, but you can't get a jet pump for over 140 Hp.
    2 stroke DI- ETEC or Optimax.
    Lots of great deals around on big, carbed 2 strokes if you don't mind going that way. You could probably get into a 175-200 2s for under 5K, and considering a new 4s or DI 2s is going to be 13k+, well, that buys lots of gas.
    hello,yes you can get a jetpump for outboards bigger 2 stk or 4 stk,have a few buddys with them,1 is a 150 yamaha 4 stroke,the other is a optiaw 200 with a tiller,enjoy the wooly i do mine,,

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachallenge@yahoo.com View Post
    hello,yes you can get a jetpump for outboards bigger 2 stk or 4 stk,have a few buddys with them,1 is a 150 yamaha 4 stroke,the other is a optiaw 200 with a tiller,enjoy the wooly i do mine,,
    Not for the suzuki that I am aware of.

Default Bigger is better!

A guy can never have too much HP and being underpowered just plain ole' sucks! If you are running a jet most of the time, this is especially true. Happy Hunting!

i got a 20' wooly and have a 150 optimax, I wish i had bigger If I were you go with a 200 or 225 2 stroke. There are a few around used with low hours on them. course if you can get a good deal on a 200 yami, I would look hard at that aswell