Thread: 1875 extreme shallow mods

Default 1875 extreme shallow mods

Ok, i bit the bullet on a new boat. I am looking for somewhere that sells a live well for the 1875 xs, Or some where that can have one specially made to fit. I want it to fit in the area in front of the console. I am also looking for a top for it, Does anyone know where to get a top that has the sides and rear curtain. I have installed the high skew impellar, and am very pleased i did.I have installed pole holders. For the most part its stock. I would also like to see how others have installed anchor winches to the front bow of other sleds. Any other upgrade ideas are always wanted........Also, has anyone ever put a rear high deck and rails on a xs before.....whats your thought on putting one on mine.......thanx

i am looking for mods for my XS CC and was wondering what that impeller did for performance? have you heard of any engine mods? thanks in advance!

Take the impeller out and send it to Impros.com and have them re-pitch it to a 10/21. It will make a huge difference on take off and top speed. Get a Riva Stack Kit, it will add about 300 rpm. I also welded an alluminum plate on the front of my hull so when unloading the boat it doesnt get hung up on the roller as its sliding off the trailer. I took all the foam out from under the front platforms, I then added some marine hatches on both sides for more storage. I also put in some sound deadening foam under the engine compartment dog house to cut the sound down, helped a bunch. I lined the entire dog box with it, use a spray type of adhesive from 3M. If you change your own engine oil dont add the amount that the book calls for, its way to much and it will blow it out of the intake and all over the inside of your intake compartment. I use a suction pump to get the oil out of mine, if you have the Jmax engine you cannot get all the oil out. When refilling it just add a little at a time until the proper amount shows up on the dip stick.

Talk with Ben at Silver Streak in Anchorage they can do the mods and build you a nice top.

[QUOTE=rhino36;915309]Get a Riva Stack Kit, it will add about 300 rpm.

Where do you get this Kit.

I had my dealer get if for me, they run the same kit in there boats also. Riverside Marine and Cyle in Miles City Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino36 View Post
    I had my dealer get if for me, they run the same kit in there boats also. Riverside Marine and Cyle in Miles City Montana.
    Well I guess that must had been awhile ago because they are no longer a Mercury dealer. I will look around. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by AK FULL THROTTLE View Post
    Well I guess that must had been awhile ago because they are no longer a Mercury dealer. I will look around. Thanks for your help.
    Well it is all coming together now. You have the Yamaha 4-Stroke in your 1875 which Riva does make a stack kit for but not my Mercury 200. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for your time.

Check out http://livebaitlarry.com/ for live bait options.
    I bought a dual flow thru hull pump from him.
    One hole in my hull provides water for 2 different pumps.
    Ken (Tiderunner)