Thread: Make sure she's dead

Default Make sure she's dead

I saw something over the weekend at Seldovia fish cleaning station. A guy and his buddy come in to clean some fish. They had four, and none were bled at all. Guy #1 cuts into the first one and it is just pouring out blood. The fish and table looked like a M.A.S.H. unit. So much so, that my daughter commented on it. Guy #2 plops one up on the table and procedes to make the first cut. Same thing with the blood, but the fish makes a pretty big flop. This was a nice 35#-40# fish. They both laugh about how they didn't beat it enough. Guy #2 continues the cut and the fish flops again hard, this time forcing the knife up into his thumb on the other hand. He drops knife and pulls back, thumb is cut to the bone. Ugly. Guy #1 tells him to go find a clinic. It was so unnecessary. If your not bleeding your fish, thats bad enough, but don't cut a live fish. If you get lucky the first time it flops, like this guy did, make sure it's dead when you go to cut it again.

N'ern S.E. AK

I remember a while back . . . Had a 70#er 1/2 way filleted out - e.g. all meat from one side gone. When I flipped it over to the other side the thing was STILL TRYING TO FLOP, albeit it was a 1/2 assed attempt.
    Last edited by L. G.; 07-07-2010 at 12:06. Reason: .

Valdez, Alaska

Default Henceforth

Henceforth the term: Gene Pool
    "Never again shall one generation of Veterans abandon another".
    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Agree

Don't let anything but fear and commom sense stand in your way ...

bust a gill or four when you boat them and you wont have that to worry about

Thanks so much for sharing your story, Homertime.
    I also love fishing. I do it at the weekend with my friends. Our group have 5 members. This activity help to heal our friendship.
    elliptical cycle