Thread: Anyone use North Fork Bullets?

Default Anyone use North Fork Bullets?

Just thinking of heavy options for my warm 350 Rem Mag loads.

They no longer make the old Barnes 275 gr 358 caliber bullets. Too bad since they worked the best when loaded to 2,450 fps from my M77MKII
    The 275 grain, (358) Kodiak Bonded bullets work OK,,, but they are not that easy to find. They perform well on game, but are not all that accurate.

Swift makes a 280gr, I think, but they are really pricey...

Anyone try the North Fork bonded bullets?

Any other ideas???
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Sorry, not much help. I know that there was quite a bit of buzz on here a few years ago but haven't heard much since the suspension of production and change/moving of the company. All the talk then seemed to be positive. Currently the bonded North Forks seem quite a bit more pricey than the A Frames.

I have a hunting buddy who uses them in his 375 H&H and he loves them for accuracy and has taken moose with them and says he has had good wounds. I think from a design point of view that they can be an answer for some specific uses and actually are more accurate than any A-Frame he has tired. Of course that is in his rifle.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

FP I am looking for some good bullets for a 35 whelen I just had made. I read an article where they put north fork bullets against Woodleighs the north forks won by a long shot. Woodleigh makes a 275 grn 35 cal bullet Im going to try, they also have a 310 grn 35 cal that would be just the ticket for you. If you have a hard time finding them, ask Big Al, he shoots them regular. I can get them out of Corlanes in BC too if you need me to let me know.