Thread: How to Clean Waders with Mildew

Unhappy How to Clean Waders with Mildew

Two friends were here for a visit and departed a week ago. I'd given each guy a storage bin to stash their gear in for safe-keeping at my house until they return next summer.

Just discovered that their breathable waders were still damp when put away and now there's a light coat of mildew in various spots on both sets.

I'm thinking soap and water should do the trick, but am concerned that something more powerful is needed since the mildew has the appearance of a stain. Advice on a quick and eas cleaning method would be greatly appreciated.

Simple Green should remove all those without damaging the waders...
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Mild soap and water should get the stains out. Add a little detergent to your bathtub and scrub the waders with a sponge (or the abrasive scrubby side of the sponge). Rinse and hang to dry. Or you could have your buddies put their waders on and go at them with soap, sponges and a garden hose.

Default Call the manufacturer?

"Tape peeling" is among the problems waders can apparently develop when put away wet. That sounds bad to me. Here's the Simms link, but you could contact the specific manufacturer I suppose: http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/about_repairs.html

Wader Care & Maintenance

Waders should be washed by hand, in a bathtub, in cold water using a powder detergent. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry, including the feet. Packaging or storing your waders wet may result in mildew and tape peeling.

Good luck.

Believe or not, use borax. Get a bucket of water pour some Borax powder it in, suds it up, and use a light brush.

Borax-not just for bait