Thread: Brownie at Bings

Exclamation Brownie at Bings

Attempeted to wet a line at Bings this morning. Got to the end of the trail and noticed about 5 folks down above the rapids but not fishing and looking up the steep bank. They waved for me and my son to stop and were trying to scare an unseen (to us) brown bear.

We scanned the bank above but saw nothing, then realized the bear was just behind the downed tree halfway between the trail outlet and where the other anglers were standing. It gave us a good "get the $^#* outta my face" look and we obliged. Hope those other guys made it out ok as they were basically pinned there and the bear looked like he wasnt interested in leaving.

Just wanted to get the word out to anyone heading down there to be alert for this big fella.

Funny side note, while we were suiting up in the parking lot my son was strapping on the bear spray. My response... leave that stuff in the truck, we wont need it

Just goes to show you that it never hurts to carry the spray. Sometimes I feel like a moron wearing it in populated roadside fishing holes, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by aldridge88 View Post
    Just goes to show you that it never hurts to carry the spray. Sometimes I feel like a moron wearing it in populated roadside fishing holes, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    Yep, the one time I forgot it in the truck I was cut off from escape by Ma and her two kids and she was less than pleased to see me.