Thread: Living or hobby?

Default Living or hobby?

Do you make good money trapping or is it mostly a hobby?

Here in Texas fur is basically worthless.

its a hobby for me but it is a big part of some peoples income i saw a video of a guy in bc that got 50 wolves last year that alone is a heafty fur check.

Must be the new Paul Trepus video you are refering to? I thot he said twenty or so that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Bob View Post
    Must be the new Paul Trepus video you are refering to? I thot he said twenty or so that year.
    no if you lookup adventuretrev or wolf trapping on you tube you should find 4-5 videos of trapping by him

For me it is my main income I work doing something in the summer but trapping is my primary income. It is about finding alternative ways to sell your fur and not just concentrating on one critter at least in the area I live in. I seldom sell a full pelt and only if tanned most gets sewn into items such as hats mittens slippers and such. I am not rich but my bills are paid and I have pretty much what I want.
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

mostly a hobby, the extra money is nice but I also tan alot of my fur to sell locally or trade for finished stuff like hats, gloves, etc. and I also just love being out that time of year.

Ya but if you do it for a living...it wouldn't be that you'd get that way overnight...
    At least in my opinion..you'd really have to work up to it...for a few years you'd be doing it as a hobby losing money...
    I don't really know...that's just what I believe..I've done a little trapping...