Thread: Need new binos - Nikon Trailblazer ATB?

At the end of the cul-de-sac

Default Need new binos - Nikon Trailblazer ATB?

For the last couple of years I have enjoyed a pair of Nikon Monarch binos in 10x42. They were awesome. Maybe not quite as nice as Swarovski or some other brand that would require selling my kids to get, but then again, I also didn't have to feel like total crap when some SOB stole them out of my truck last night either.

Anyways . . .

So now I am looking to get a new pair. I saw that Nikon has a newer bino out - the Trailblazer and Trailblazer ATB. Has anyone tried these yet? How does the glass compare to the Monarchs? I will likely head to Mountain View Sports and check them out this week, but was wondering if anyone had an opinion. They are about $100 less than the Monarchs, but I also want decent glass. It seems that Nikon makes such great products that they wouldn't want to ruin that by compromising the glass, but ya never know.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. If you are the one that stole my Monarchs, I hope that bear you are watching through them comes down and bites you.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

North Dakota

I have noticed that the Trailblazers seem like they don't let quite as much light in. I too was looking at them to buy for my Dad, but decided to stick with the Monarch's.

Cabelas had a decent sale on them right before Fathers Day.

I think they're still a good Bino for the money, but if the $100 isn't make or break for ya, you won't be sorry spending it.

Good Luck!