Thread: crow creek

Default crow creek

Crow creek, anyone biked this tail? I heard the girdwood side is pretty steep and rocky is it doable? Ive got a specialized rockhopper 29er.

Quote Originally Posted by blake907 View Post
    Crow creek, anyone biked this tail? I heard the girdwood side is pretty steep and rocky is it doable? Ive got a specialized rockhopper 29er.
    Not legal. I'm not completely sure if that applies to the Girdwood side, but I know that the Eagle River side is closed to mt. bike use. If it was allowed, the ride down from the pass on the Girdwood side would be a good time, but the Eagle River side would just be miserable.

thanks i didnt know if it was legal to ride on this trail or not are there any trails similar to this that allow mt. bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by blake907 View Post
    thanks i didnt know if it was legal to ride on this trail or not are there any trails similar to this that allow mt. bikes?
    Resurrection Pass which goes from Cooper Landing to Hope, or Devil's Pass which connects into Resurrection and also ends at Hope. Another option is Johnson Pass, which connects two parts of the Seward Highway.

c-pass.jpgc-pass.jpgYou know i did that the other day with my buddy. Up near the summit we had to hop off and push a il bit, but it was nice we rode all the way up to the cabins then back down to the girdwood side. Saw some big mt goat that were super freindly. It was a burly trail for sure but a guy can do it. Johnson pass is super fun too and worth the drive

Just did Crescent Lake Trail, It was in good shape. Mills Creek Trail two weeks ago was good. Palmer Creek is a lovely ride this time of year. Gull Rock trail is doable, but they have been working on it this summer.

When I hiked it last year there were 3 guys on bikes started out on the south end and went all the way through. One guy was haulin butt. The other 2 were way back. 1 of them wrecked and was banged up and was walkin his bike - they passed us on the way down to the river. I bet there ride out from the river was SWEET.