Thread: Has anyone used Roll-A-Cots??????

Default Has anyone used Roll-A-Cots??????

Okay so I'm a wuss. After 45 days in the Bush and sleeping on my therma rest, I must say that my ole broke back has had enough. Have been looking at the Roll-A-cots. Seem to be a nice setup. Has anyone used these and would willing to post a review???? After spending thousands of dollars, just trying to sqeeze the most out of my buck..

Thanks, Steve

Default Review

Great cot and easy to set up once you get used to it and I would highly recomend it. I know that REI carries them and you can try it out there. Not sure if anybody else in town have them. Also they make a great table that I have also.

Default Hey Cramer!!!

How do they hold up??? Are they Alaska tough??? You know, threw it in this that and the other thing?? They have them here in Fairbanks, just wanted to hear from some folks that have gave them a test sleep. Thinking of using them in my 21ft Woldridge Alaskan II on my PWS blackie hunt this spring. Thanks for your post.

Steve

Stid,
    I have a cot, 4 stools and a table and they have held up well and some of my fishing buddies weigh in the mid 200s......Go to Alaska Tent and Tarp and stretch out on the cot.....I have three other cots that I use as loaners as These are far more comfortable...let me explain;
    My cot is a two legset system versus all of my other cots have three sets of legs.....with three sets of legs, the exact middle of the cot is pulled taught raising your hips above the level of you back that is resting in the less taught area....I hope that makes sense but I find it to be much more comfortable without that center legs system....and Roll-A-Cot is much lighter.

Default Thanks Vern..

Well I quess its time to buy more stuff. 2 Roll-a-cots to go please.

Thanks Guys,

Steve

Smile rollo's

been using them for over 12 years both personally and for clients...
    They do hold up, and used with your therma-rest pad are extremely comfortable.
    They are high enough off the ground to store your stuff under and come with a storage bag that doubles as a stuff catcher, attatching to the legs on the cot.
    I have used most types of cots for extended time in the field and find the Roll-o-cot the easiest and most sturdy...even for the big guys.

Default roll a cots

Am an old fart with arthritis. Spent 18 straight nights in the Grand canyon, and many other nights on other rivers elsewhere. They work and save your back. Downside, not light and not compact.

grizzeyes

i believe it was a roll a cot that i bought at REI about 15 yrs ago when i was living in calif. great set up. you would lay the cot down and slide the aluminum tubs along the sides to their position and the 2 legs would open up and you would turn the one leg that connects into the frame. Very good set up. easy, sturdy and sorry I sold it all yrs ago. Cot was blue and has a handle attached. I slept on this for 2 months while salmon fishing in Oregon one summer. I slept very good every night and also used one of them egg foam pads.