Thread: Could an Argo go thru this?

Default Could an Argo go thru this?

Could an Argo (with or without tracks) go thru this mud hole by Slide Mountain? The side-by-sides were driving on the highway going around itů.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

judging by the picture I'd say 'yes'.....looks like an arog would make it through that very easily...with or without tracks....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

A hydrostatic Mudd-Ox with eight wheel drive would go thru pulling a trailer full of camp or moose with ease I believe.

That looks like several of the mudholes my buddy and I encountered out at Eureka on Saturday. I think an Argo would go through that just fine. It doesn't look that bad as long as you hug one side or the other and don't get high centered in the ruts.

Don't see a reason why a ranger couldn't go thru that Argo or Ox would be no problem either. Second pic even shows some rocks indicating a hard bottom. But if the highway is right there why not use it? That's probably what they were thinking.

Default No Problem

No Problem For a Mudd-Ox or an Argo and with a top the driver would be nice and clean(dry) also.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Don't see a reason why a ranger couldn't go thru that But if the highway is right there why not use it? That's probably what they were thinking.
    Good point. Those guys were b-lining to Eureka to ride the trails. I wasn't sure if they could or couldn't do it though. My dad and I were debating if an argo could do it. Its pretty muddy-a culvert drains and washes water into it so its gooey. Couldn't do it on my '84 Big Red (didn't have the right boots so I didn't even try).

Tim

I am guessing the folks you saw were either not interested in getting muddy or were in a hurry to get to one of the other trails at Eureka. We were up there all weekend and went through spots much worse than those. I have a Rhino and a Grizzly 700 that would make short work of both those spots (at least by what is shown in the pictures). The Ranger and RZR S that were with me could have easily done the same!!!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    I am guessing the folks you saw were either not interested in getting muddy or were in a hurry to get to one of the other trails at Eureka. We were up there all weekend and went through spots much worse than those. I have a Rhino and a Grizzly 700 that would make short work of both those spots (at least by what is shown in the pictures). The Ranger and RZR S that were with me could have easily done the same!!!
    They must have been b-lining as they came back muddy. Group of 7 side-by-sides riding from Slide Mtn to Eureka--kinda neat.

Tim