Thread: Seven Mile Lake, Denali Hwy

Default Seven Mile Lake, Denali Hwy

Would like to hear from those who have done the trail into the Sevenmile Lake that is seven miles back in off the road, not the one next to the road.

Where is the trailhead?

How difficult is the trail after lots of rain?

I hear there's a boat back there you can use if you bring your own kicker....

Anything else?

Hi...ive done that trail a couple times and it can kick your ass at times. Parts of the trail are muddy, but its the rocks and jarring ride you get from the rough trail. Its more like 8 miles in.The trailis about a haLF mile or so before the Mclaren bridge if your coming in from Paxon. Just a small lil dirt road going to a rough parking area and sign at trailhead beginning. Ive cauugt lake trout there right from shore but a boat would be the way to go.

hope the pic works....seven mile laker
    Attached Images Attached Images

Danthedewman1, A buddy and I are going to attempt to ice fish this lake soon. Hard to find any good info from online about this lake. This is the seven mile lake back behind Amphitheater mountains, North of Glacier Lake right? Thanks for any info you might have. We are hoping for Lake trout, you think there still in there? I heard one person say they thought they died off but I think they are talking about the lake at mile 7.

The newer trail through glacier gap is basically a cake walk in the summer. Never been there in winter. Lots of lakers but nothing huge. Got a pretty fat 26 incher last summer but all the rest were the cookie cutter size for that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk