Thread: No points for AKres

Default No points for AKres

I can not been able to give AKres any points for over 3 or 4 months, Why?

Gotta give it to other people, we have a limit set on how frequently you can rep the same person. It is not a time based limit but are once every x number of times you give rep.

I have been, in fact I max out 2x in a 24 hr giving point to anybody just to see what would happen and I still can not give AKres any new points.

Tell me what is the max point in a 24hr?

How many times between points before you can give again?

Is it true some people can give more point than other?

I think you can give 4-5 times in 24 hours and it is a rolling clock, not a calendar clock.

The amount of points you give is based on many things, your rep, number of posts, and how long you have been a member.

Somebody must know all the details, can you find out and let me know?
    Not trying to cause problems, just trying to understand what going on.
    Tom

PM, BrianM or mike (webmaster). To get more info you will need to talk w/ an Admin not one of us lowly moderators.

What can I buy with POINTS.........?

I haven't gave a rep point for 3 weeks. Just tried to give akres rep. Nothing for me either. Maybe they cut you off res, your getting to many. Hey, your probably a shoe in for member. Of the year
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    I haven't gave a rep point for 3 weeks. Just tried to give akres rep. Nothing for me either. Maybe they cut you off res, your getting to many. Hey, your probably a shoe in for member. Of the year
    It is not a time based system, it is based on how many people you have repped. If you give rep to someone you have to give rep to something like 25-30 other people before you can hit that person again. Doesn't matter if it was 3 weeks 3 months, or 3 years.

Tried you as well liking. Apparently it is my HTC hero phone. Ooops
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

why would anyone want to give AKres points????
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I did a quick search of the system, and I cannot find any reason why a particular member would be blocked from recieving rep points other than the "spread 'em around" restrictions mentioned earlier.

Default testing 1 2 3

Another test of the rep system is to click once on the scales, and if it comes up with the popup box where you can type a comment, then you're cleared to rep that person; it can go thru (but only if you click the "Add to Reputation" button at the bottom of the popup box).

Not to say you actually have to rep res when you do this... once that popup box appears and you know your answer, you can just click-away on something else and nothing ventured nothing lost....

I just found out that I can rep res. He's OK. And... sorry res....

Brian:

May be the problems is in my setup or folder? If I knew what I can do I could do a test to see if there is a problem.

Can you tell me what is going on like number of points per day? Number of days between you can give point to the same person. At what point can I give more than one point per person.

If I become a paid member would I be able to give more points?

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    why would anyone want to give AKres points????

Rep inbound.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Good for you hippie , we all need to show our appreciation for all the help Akres has given. I know I get tired of people posting worthless comment. It reminded me of a kid farting in class, trying to get attention, and ending up shxxx his pants.

I gave out 7 more points until I max out and still can not give Akres a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    Brian:

May be the problems is in my setup or folder? If I knew what I can do I could do a test to see if there is a problem.

Can you tell me what is going on like number of points per day? Number of days between you can give point to the same person. At what point can I give more than one point per person.

If I become a paid member would I be able to give more points?
    The membership programs will not change the rep system but will offer you quite a few other perks. Check it our here

I am going to put a bug in Brian and Mike's ears to update the forum FAQ with a section spelling out the rep system better. A lot of it was fairly hush-hush due to an immense amount of drama over it's initial implementation. At the time we were trying to avoid people just rep-ing each other as a sort of childish protest to invalidate the system. It has been over a year since it's launch and I for one am pleased with the results.

I know that there is no time limit before you can give rep to the same person, just a total number of times you have to give rep before you can give it to the same person again. The number is somewhere between 20-30 I think, brian knows, and I was probably told once but promptly forgot. I do know that it doesn't matter if you rep Akres today, then rep 5 more people over the next 2 years, you still won't be able to rep Akres again until you "spread it around" more. "Points" are a fixed number based on years of membership, post count, and your own reputation. This is the total number of points you give per "hit" and has no impact on the number of times you can give rep in a 24 hour revolving period.

We occasionally revisit the issue to see if we need to make adjustments but haven't in a while, perhaps it is time again.

Lujon:

Bad Reputation? That can not be my problem.

I’m the most easiest going guy on this forum. It would be extremely hard for any one to find fault in my posts. I know that a bit extreme knowing how thin skin some people are.

If I did have a fault it would be not stretching the truth and being humble.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

its been modified a time or two.... but here are the basics to your questions

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=41173
    We have just activated the Reputation System that comes with vBulletin, our forum software.

The point of this is to provide users a way to respond to good posts or bad. This allows the community to commend especially useful posts and diss the unlovely. We intend to build a system of increasing user privilege into the forums. At some point, for example, some forums will only be accessible by people of high enough reputation.

You'll see a person's reputation in a green box in the upper right corner of each post. Here is mine, for example:

You can see reputation level by hovering over the green square. Here are the reputation levels as they now stand. Yeah, I know. They're a bit dorky. They come out of the box this way:

User is infamous around these parts -150
    User can only hope to improve -50
    User has a little shameless behavior in the past -10
    User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
    User is on a distinguished road +10
    User will become famous soon enough +50
    User has a spectacular aura about +150
    User is a jewel in the rough +250
    User is just really nice +350
    User is a glorious beacon of light +450
    User is a name known to all +550
    User is a splendid one to behold +650
    User has much to be proud of +1000
    User has a brilliant future +1500
    User has a reputation beyond repute +2000

Everyone with 10 posts or more and a reputation of 10 or more can add reputation for another. To do this, click this icon in the upper right corner of the post:

A small box will pop up (be sure to enable popups) and you can add reputation. When the system is complete, members with high enough reputation will be able to ding others' reputation. Currently only props can be given.

UNFORTUNATELY, because we did not have a reputation system built into the original forums, most of you that came from those forums have a reputation of zero. If that's you, you will not be able to hit another person's reputation. Send me a PM and we'll hit your reputation and bring you to a 10, which is where everyone starts.

When you start out, you can award + 1 point per hit. However:

1. Admin / mods get 10 points per hit.
    2. Every 365 days you get 1 more point in your reputation power
    3. Every 1000 posts you get 1 more point in your reputation power
    4. For every 100 points of reputation, you get 1 more point of reputation power
    5. You must have 10 posts to hit a person's reputation
    6. You must have 10 reputation points to hit
    7. You can only give 10 reputation clicks in 24 hours
    8. You must hit 20 others before you can hit the same person again. Admin is exempt from this rule.

For example, a person with 2 years on the forums and 4,001 posts and a reputation of 523 is able to give a hit of 2+4+5=11 points!

You can see the recent hits on your reputation in your user CP.

As I said in the beginning, our intention is to begin adding privilege with increased reputation. More on that later.

That's a brief rundown on the new system. It has its good points and not so good, but we're going to give it a try. I hope we find it very helpful as a community.

David
    Last edited by Webmaster; 11-03-2008 at 09:10. Reason: Corrected information
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here