Thread: Shrimping in Florida?

Default Shrimping in Florida?

Catchy title huh? Last winter, bored and needing something to do I found myself on the net looking at who else does this and how they do it. I stumbled onto the Florida crabing and shrimping Forum. Well, having grown up in Miami I guess I kinda look at them as kindred spirits so I started surfing their site. In the shrimping section I found a 65 page PDF file the state issues that had some interesting bits so I attached it for your reading entertainment. Pretty antiquated stuff, nothing that would make Steve nervous if you wanted to experiment a little.

Two things stood out to me about the people in this region as evidenced by what i see on their forum. 1. Their not nearly as "into it" as we are as everything seems to flow at a snails pace. 2. their not nearly as "on the fight" as folks around here seem to be? Wonder what that's all about? I have yet to stumble across an unkind word and that sets me to wondering cause I frequent a boat design forum that makes us look like girl scouts and a boat owners group that's jackle infested as well. I think for the most part, that's just life in the forum lane Any way, that seemed worth mentioning!

After one single post they even set up a whole sub folder for me titled "Shrimping in Alaska" and yours truly corosponds with a couple of the locals on a regular basis. Being such a totally different fishery I don't think your gonna pick up any real secrets but sometimes a different perspective in kind of cool.

Any way, i go home tomorrow then off to the sound. Maybe I can find some buoys to chop off.
    Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files