Thread: 300 Wsm

Question 300 Wsm

I purchased a Kimber Montana in the 300 WSM and am having a hell of a time getting it to shoot consistent groups. Made sure the scope was tight, shot off of a bench with a stable rest, and just cant get it tight.Shot Winchester's latest "greatest" ammo the Supreme Elite XP3 in 150 Grain. Open to suggestions on what you 300WSM guys are shooting.Thanks for the help.

Default WSM

My Kimber Montan 300WSM shoots the Federal 180 TSX's better than anything else. I have shot almost every flavor of factory ammo through it in the experimental phase and break in period and the TSX's are the best as far as accuracy and a **** good bullet for anything in our state.

Default Shortmags web site

There used to be a web site called shortmags.org, but it is now part of netrifle.com.

You can find info about the 300 WSM and other short mags here:
    http://www.netrifle.com/forum1/default.asp?CAT_ID=13

Good luck.

Martin,
    My two Monatana WSMs took a bit of breaking in.....about 50 rounds they settled down very well.....both the 270 and 300 shoot well under an inch with Federal 130 &180 TSX.....

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    My Kimber Montan 300WSM shoots the Federal 180 TSX's better than anything else. I have shot almost every flavor of factory ammo through it in the experimental phase and break in period and the TSX's are the best as far as accuracy and a **** good bullet for anything in our state.

AK CUB,

Don't give up. It will probably get better with barrel break in and better handloads. Maybe a good bullet would help! :-)
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Thumbs up 300 Wsm

Thanks for the advice. I will try the Federals.I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I bought this Kimber after only having Remingtons and was really perplexed on the accuracy of the rifle. All of my Remingtons shoot well under an inch.I know-why didnt you just buy another Remington. I'll keep firing!