Thread: kasilof dipping on the 15th-19th any predictions

Default kasilof dipping on the 15th-19th any predictions

I will be able to dip on these dates any report on how the fishing might be and for the boats when are they allowed to go out and fish? any help would be great.
    thanks Big Daddy

should be picking up around then. historically 75% of the fish dipped on the kasilof are harvested between july 11 and july 21. i went twice this last week, still a bit slow, but steady. did better on the north shore.

Default keep on top of the numbers

http://csfish.adfg.state.ak.us/mariner/uci/uciesc.php This will take you to the daily count. also call the 267-2512 hotline and punch in the commercial side. It will tell you about the windows and when comfishers will be out in force. Just can't go by dates. Tight nets
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default Great timing

Just watch for the weather to cooperate with your scheduled run - SW and W winds are best for the couple of days before you go. The ocean top currents "blow" the fish into the river mouths and as long as you check the escapement/OTF index (OTF over 90, three to five days before your go is good fisihing) from the comm hotline you should be able to predict one or two tides of good fishing. I usually like to hit the third week in July with the tirefecta of good news;

High OTF
    No commercial EO's
    SW or W winds.

When stars align the dipping is fine!

Commercial hotline: 907-262-9611 (it will give you escapement numbers, OTF count and EO information)
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    I will be able to dip on these dates any report on how the fishing might be and for the boats when are they allowed to go out and fish? any help would be great.
    thanks Big Daddy
    Looks like I'll be down there around the same time for some dipping as well. I never fished or dipnetted Kasilof before, so it should be fun!

Keep an eye out for a looney toon in a freighter canoe, that will be me.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.