Thread: Kings?

Default Kings?

Just wanting to get alittle information about the fishing on the Kenai & Kasilof. My wife & I will be there the last week of July. We are staying in Soldotna for that week, then in Cooper Landing for the next week.
    Has been two year since we were in Alaska- REALLY looking forward to going back

Default More details

I am not the one to answer anything for you but the members of this forum are a great wealth of knowledge but I might suggest that you be a little more specific as to what you are looking for. Guiding info, lure selection, style of fishing to employ, boat you have, boat to rent, rod selection, sharing your level of experiece, etc... you get the idea. Hope that you have as much fun as my daughter and I did.

Just wanted to know if the fish are there and how the fishing has been. I will be with a guide so boat, rod, lures, bait, etc are already covered.

The last week in July is typically the best week for Kings. Sockeyes will be thick by then too.

Fishing has been a little slow this year for sure, but it will take off in the next few days....... it always does.
    USN Seabee '90-'95, NRA Life Member

My Wife & I did well last year during that time frame. This year we are spending an extra week (1st to 7th) in August to try the fishing in the Upper Kenai and surrounding streams. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!