Thread: Screw up pics.

Default Screw up pics.

Thought maybe some of you would enjoy pics of mistakes made out in the country, or on the line. Here's my latest:

Didn't see the drop off and the water till the last second. Been driving around here a long time so I should have known better.
    Wasn't bad tho. Was going pretty slow. Rolled right over the windshield, barely touching it, and onto the ice. Just took a little ice chopping and pulling with another snogo to get it out. Didn't break anything either. The plastic hitch on the sled(it's under the snogo in the pic) was all twisted, but straightened right out once everything was out onto the ice.
    Anyone else got pics?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Nice pic Martentrapper! Reminds me of being a kid and getting my old Skidoo stuck in the overflow. I always managed to do it when it was well below zero out. Glad you didn't have any problems and were able to do a quick recovery. It does pay to go out with other people.

Default hmmmm....

Lets see...there are so many.....where do I start?One that I still do to this day is sometime's forgetting to take the safty's off coni's after being set.Then there is the old forgetting exactly where you covered a trap and then finding out the hard way while placing your guide sticks.Or my LEAST favorite is rebaiting a cubby and while i'm crawling in to place my bait in the back of the cubby I rub my back and head on the top of the cubby where I smear the skunk lure!

You guys are supposed to post pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haha
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Was out playing around camp, over estimated the rigs stability in up hill, off camber, situations...
    Last edited by bgreen; 06-17-2007 at 21:13.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

I realize its not a trapping pic but it is a hunting pic. We had crossed the river earlier in a different location and my friend got a bit cocky, diving in at a faster rate than he should have. Needless to say he figured it out real quick with the river coming in through the drivers window. he wasn't happy about me taking the time to get a picture but I still think it was the right decision. Took us about 20 minutes but we got it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eric Sunk In Gakona.jpg  

Here is this years escapade. Don't ignore noises and assume you know what is causing them. It will be the one thing you thought would never happen to you! My wife walked down the trail while I was jacking it up and managed to find two of the lugnutts. We took it very easy on the way out with the wallowed out holes and a missing lugnutt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2057 420x280.jpg  

Default Trailer Wheel

Headin' up to the haul to bowhunt this fall left our rim.....hurting.

Managed to get a replacement and finished the trip a.o.k.
    Thank the Lord!

~Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_0007.jpg  

Guess everyone else has perfect trips or is to embarrassed to show pics.

Talking Good pic!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Here is this years escapade. Don't ignore noises and assume you know what is causing them. It will be the one thing you thought would never happen to you! My wife walked down the trail while I was jacking it up and managed to find two of the lugnutts. We took it very easy on the way out with the wallowed out holes and a missing lugnutt.
    Man thats a nice bumper!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

broncoformudv, that looks like the Lil Nel in the first pic.

A bit further northeast than that. Gakona River.

Mark

Here's my "amphibious" rig in Polaris submarine deep-dive mode.

No matter how foolproof you make something, a fool like me can figure out a way to screw it up.

I was by myself. Walked three miles out and returned by the next morning by 9 AM with a 50' 1/2" rope, come along, tools, a quart of gas, and two quarts of oil. Had it running and on the trailer by 4:30 PM. It woulda' been sooner, but I put the carb back together wrong...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00562.jpg  

LOL!Mark,looks like you tried the old "if I hit to the side it will be shallower then going thru the center right?" trick.