Thread: End of a tough baiting season.

Default End of a tough baiting season.

This bear bait season was a real tough one for me. Only had a few bears come in and most were not legal. Didn't take a bear off of our stand, anyone else seem to have a tough year?
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

This year was a little off but we turned out ok. Best bear was takin' prior to bait season. Guess it's time to look forward to the blue berry patches in the fall.

Know what you mean all we had were griz still had alot of fun but would have loved to get my son into a black bear.

Unhappy

Agreed. Tough year.

Next year I'm going to keep a detailed journal to track time and expenses associated with my bait.

It was fun, but not THAT fun!

Taylor

It was a little weird this year. I had bears on the bait on May 17th but the warm weather slowed things down some. The bears really started showing up after June 15.

Odd year? I'd say so. We fed so many brown bears its unreal! Then finally June 13 we had a black bear on cam. The browns moved on and we had a few more blacks in. I thought it was really odd that the blacks weren't moving sooner. Although the first kill was reported on April 17th.
    I thought it was a bit odd that last season we never heard of any blacks coming off Baldy. This year it was a pretty good season up there. Is it just me... or are the bears moving more west of their stomping grounds??
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Default Agreed

Tough year for us to. Had nothing for long time then bears around and then gone after a week or so. No patern or anything. Didn't shoot one this spring but was good to get out.

my timing was week or more early this year (last 10 days of May) we got three bears in 3 nights with bows and we were not shooting first bear in. never in stand later than 9 pm? so pretty darn good year. 2 hunters were first time bear hunters and one of those was 12 year old girl. Usually in stand till dark and get a bear at dark. got nice bears but no monsters. so i would say average year for PWS. two years ago was very tough year out there, few bears and they would come in so late shooters could not see their pins.
    this year I did not get one as i was just videoing and with my knee injury was not really into it this year. aching knee did not like sitting in stand for long periods, and i only want to shoot a big bear.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Yup tough for us also this year, but it was great getting out. I took my 11y/o son with me each time, and finally the last time we went, He showed that he was really ready to shoot a bear. He was silent, kept body functions in check. He was shocked when a bird landed on the stand rail 6 in. from his nose. lol..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.