Thread: Dm 768

Default Dm 768

Hello all, was wondering if anyone had any advice on hunting this area. I was drawn for the dm768 hunt and went and checked out the area. All i saw was trees, trees and more trees. When my hunting partner and i went further in it seemed as if everything was burnt up. Im used to hunting in valleys and mountains. We looked for open area swamps or cuts but nothing only trees, we didnt even see any kind of big game. we got excited when we saw a porcupine though. . Any kind of advice would be apreciated thanks and happy hunting.

Not everybody know where DM768 is located.

Default Interior...

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    Not everybody know where DM768 is located.
    http://www.wc.adfg.state.ak.us/maps/.../pdf/dm768.pdf

Those that I know that hunt this area fly in and float the Wood, or boat up the Tatlanika as far as the water will allow.

Wish you luck!
    Last edited by AKArcher; 07-03-2010 at 13:11. Reason: Spelling Error
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKArcher View Post
    http://www.wc.adfg.state.ak.us/maps/.../pdf/dm768.pdf

Those that I know that hunt this area fly in and float the Wood, or boat up the Tatlanika as far as the water will allow.

Wish you luck!
    or they go with me... but i already have 3 folks to help this year fill that tag..

my advice if you have never hunted it is to call the area bio... Don Young...

stop by his office and talk to him they do arial moose surveys every fall...

however if you never go off trail by at least a mile... you prolly will only see running moose during the season... they also really do not start moving into the accessable areas until early fall.... i won't see a moose on my mining claim untill mid -late Aug July sucks for scouting new calfs and soft antlers make the mooses wary
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Thanks

Yeah thanks for your guys help. My hunting partner and I are going to try this area out, but are weary of it. Were just going to take the rex trail in and try and find an open swamp or clearing. Thanks for the info on the biologist i will defintly like to talk to him and hear what he has to say about the area. Once again thanks for everyones help.