Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chena river kings

Default chena river kings

anyone seen or caught kings or chums yet in the chena? should be hittin any day now.
    They say its unsafe to own a gun, I say its unsafe to have only one!!!

I'm going after Kings on monday. Its going to be a boat trip. I'll report back. This will be my first time fishing for kings so any advice is appriciated.

Still about 2 weeks early. Fished the upper river last week and saw no kings.

Steve

ya they arent gonna be anywhere close to the upper river yet...but i bet they are in the mouth already....heard reports of people seeing some down by pikes....im goin out wed. and thurs in my boat....see what i catch
    They say its unsafe to own a gun, I say its unsafe to have only one!!!

I believe it's what 1.5 to 2 days from the mouth to the wier at chena lakes? Should be about that time, next weekend fo sure.

Default well......

I've spent a few hours the last couple days near the mouth, have seen nothing as of yet. They are a few days behind schedule on the Yukon too.

-akiceman25

anyone bothered to see if the counter was up at chena lakes? I havent been that way yet....

For whatever reason the fairbanks office is a tad bit slow on posting reports of anykind other then the generic type

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    anyone bothered to see if the counter was up at chena lakes? I havent been that way yet....

For whatever reason the fairbanks office is a tad bit slow on posting reports of anykind other then the generic type
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that...

Proudly Serving Since 1997
    The circle is complete again, finally. The force is once again balanced!
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes in regards to fishing!"

buddy of mine went and checked, the counter as of today had 0 fish through it.

I'm watching the hole dang state sith....always ready to run if I can find someone to go alteast on the floats....the banks stuff I usually end up going solo.

buddy of mine went and checked, the counter as of today had 0 fish through it.

I'm watching the hole dang state sith....always ready to run if I can find someone to go alteast on the floats....the banks stuff I usually end up going solo.

I'm always looking for folks to wet a line with. If you wanna a wingman on a trip, gimme a holler! I love to float and drift. Just say the word.

Well the fish finder was showing kings in the chena but nobody in my boat caught any. At one point the finder was beeping like crazy showing a lot of fish but still caught nothing.

Talked to a couple of boats on the Chena and one at the mouth, no one has caught any or had any hits. I noticed the mouth was shallow as i could see the bottom. Thats the lowest I've seen it.

sounds like a plan Sith. I was thinking more of next weekend if you've got the time.

sounds like a plan Sith. I was thinking more of next weekend if you've got the time.

Everyday but Saturday. Heading to Delta CW for some of those mutant Grays! Shoot me a pm.

Default Hit me up, too!

Tradbow,

I'll be stuck with a short leash for the next two weeks...no long trips for me but Fbnks is within the allowable distance. I'd love to see how it's done on the Chena...my 1 fish after countless hours of effort tells me I don't know what right looks like. Just got back from a killer king fishing trip this weekend down south and I was gonna "call it a year" for the kings, but....

Im thinking of picking up a 10 weight and giving the Chenab another shot next weekend.

af eod...

I'm a rookie, so dont feel like I'm teaching much LOL! It's early in the run I'm going to give it a few days before I head out. I'm not into keeping them out of the salcha or chena so it's mainly for fun. Used to love fishing the chena while I had access to the boat, now that's gone I'm stuck with the raft again and the salcha has proved much gooder . Though I havent tried a float down the chena, figured that'd take most of a day with fishing thrown in.

sith, sounds good. Man dcw...I'm looking forward to that one. Are yall river boating it?

Default Salcha is even closer to Eielson...

Sounds great! My whopping TWO total fish from Salcha says I still have a lot to learn about interior kings. I won't be a free-loader, tho...I'll share info about a sweet spot down south (ref. pics attached from yesterday). 27 kings caught by my group this weekend - all carefully released.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've caught a few on the Salcha and the Chena. Will be trying my luck soon.

Another week or so should start to get better.

Steve

i was above nordale for about 5hrs. tonight i was messing with the boat so i didnt wet a line didnt see any jumpers though. do you guys fish them in a back eddy or faster areas the only one i have caught was in a deep channel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast