Thread: 325 WSM stuff?

Default 325 WSM stuff?

Guys, I'm having a hard time rounding up components for my new 325. Everything seems to be in short supply here in the midwest.

Tomorrow I am going to DesMoines to Sportsman's, Scheels and Bass Pro in hopes of finding some dies and brass.

The 325 brass seems almost nonexsitant so should I just plan on buying 300WSM brass and necking it up? That is if I can find dies to neck it up with!

It stinks to have a new gun and nothing to shoot through it. I may have to buy a box of ready to shoot stuff if all else fails....been a while since I've done that!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Guys, I'm having a hard time rounding up components for my new 325. Everything seems to be in short supply here in the midwest.

Tomorrow I am going to DesMoines to Sportsman's, Scheels and Bass Pro in hopes of finding some dies and brass.

The 325 brass seems almost nonexsitant so should I just plan on buying 300WSM brass and necking it up? That is if I can find dies to neck it up with!

It stinks to have a new gun and nothing to shoot through it. I may have to buy a box of ready to shoot stuff if all else fails....been a while since I've done that!
    I had to buy my stuff off the web... Try this

www.midwayusa.com is a great place to purchase reloading gear, and for a little less money www.midsouthshooterssupply.com has most of the same gear. Trust me, one of these two places will have evrything you need.

I like using micrometer style seating dies and Forster is the only one I can find for 325WSM. I may have some brass I can share if you are unable to find any.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/pi...r_Set__325_WSM

Good luck

Steve

I just got back from a day of wandering around the state looking for stuff. Bass Pro was a big dissapointment. Sportsmans had 2 bags of 50 brass and I got them both and Sheels had a set of RCBS dies. Nobody had any bullets other than 150 grainers so I got a box of Hornadys from the Bob's Shooting supply which was my last stop(gotta have something to hold the powder in) nobody had any IMR 4007ssc so I will use some H4895 that I have on hand.

I got this gun to replace my 350 Rem mag and here I am working up a deer load for it. That'll have to change!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I just got back from a day of wandering around the state looking for stuff. Bass Pro was a big dissapointment. Sportsmans had 2 bags of 50 brass and I got them both and Sheels had a set of RCBS dies. Nobody had any bullets other than 150 grainers so I got a box of Hornadys from the Bob's Shooting supply which was my last stop(gotta have something to hold the powder in) nobody had any IMR 4007ssc so I will use some H4895 that I have on hand.

I got this gun to replace my 350 Rem mag and here I am working up a deer load for it. That'll have to change!
    I've got a # of 4007 - i'll GIVE you half if you stop by for coffee. :-)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 1buba View Post
    I've got a # of 4007 - i'll GIVE you half if you stop by for coffee. :-)
    Meet me half way? Smile!

I've had good luck with H4350 and a 200 grain accubond, if you can find any that is. What is/was your 350 rm your replacing? I've been looking for another.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigswede358 View Post
    I've had good luck with H4350 and a 200 grain accubond, if you can find any that is. What is/was your 350 rm your replacing? I've been looking for another.
    It was one of the Ruger 77 All Weather MkIIs. I sold it about a month or so back. I also had a 338 Federal in a Hawkeye thatIi sold about the same time. This 325 was to replace the both of them. Sort of the best of both worlds I guess!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...