Thread: minute by minute replay, Kasilof, North shore

Default minute by minute replay, Kasilof, North shore

Just got a call from Familyman on what is happening on the north side of the Kasiolf. @ 30 dippers present and in the water. One fish caught every 15 minutes. Better grab a beer and wait for the outgoing tide. If you are reading this and am at the Kasilof. Next update, when Familyman puts his beer down!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Outgoing is the best. Pulled 11 out wed. But, I was on the south side. We gonna have a north side/southside rivalry if your waiting for familyman to put down beer it might be awhile. Wish I was there!
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Default Get your fish on the low

High tide is slow but the low tide is a lot better. I wonder how much more beer Familyman has, he has been somewhat quiet on reporting?
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    High tide is slow but the low tide is a lot better. I wonder how much more beer Familyman has, he has been somewhat quiet on reporting?
    I called that one right. Maybe he has a bunch of fish and has been beating heads, bleeding gills and snipping tails
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Smile Kasilof North Shore dipnet report

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Lots more beer, yes. Quiet yes; I don't Internet while afield because I get too much Internet while home and like to separate my activities. I did report to thewhop regularly by cell phone during the couple times it was turned on. I liked the time he said "Take a break during this part of the day and do it at X time later" and my reply was "Hey, I'm sitting on the beautiful beach with a nice cold beverage eating a bucket of chicken talking to you; did'ja think I was dipnetting right now?"

No beer today , since we drove back just now.

Got an injured back and am trying to depend on the kids to keep the nets wet this year. Not a great plan, it turns out. On the bright side, I met lots of great people, as always. More than normal, since I'm mostly shore support crew. A great time was had by all.

So out of three kids with nets, we had an average of only one wet net over two days time during only 5 to 6 hours per day. Got 12 nice fish, with the largest being a very nice 27 incher. Pretty slow, but lots of fun + great people + going home with some wonderful salmon = a great time.

Boar, I told you I was headed down there/then with my ATVs and crew. R U in stealth mode these days??? Oops, pretty tired here; just read your post better... You knew what was happening beachside but only wished you were there. OK, that's better. Thewop does know what's going on beachside even from his city mansion I found out. I got two recommendations in two days (spot, timing, etc...) and both were different, and both were exactly correct. Too many of us do the same thing every year 'cause it works. He's got a crystal ball or something there.