Thread: Hatcher Pass

Default Hatcher Pass

I'm wondering if the Craggie Creek trail is open for ATV's. I thought I saw on here somewhere they were trying to close all the trails at Hatcher Pass. Has anyone heard anything or am I crazy?
    Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

I called hatchers pass lodge and the girl on the phone told me it was closed up there to ATV so ill find out tonight.

Thanks but that's OK. We went up there today, well not over the pass but up Craigy Creek. No signs up saying no ATV's etc. There were ALOT of people up there camping for the holiday. We went back to the cabin, had lunch and headed back as the weather was getting bad. It was low overcast clouds, rain and getting cold. I went on the DNR site, found a map of the area and it said ATV/ ORV areas so I'd say they were allowed. Link to the map...

http://dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/planning/m...prd_map2-1.pdf

Thanks,
    H

I think the closure is on the other side of the pass.

We've done Craggy Creek several times, and some of the other trails on the West side. I sure hope they don't close that side down.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Default all those trail are still open and are in no danger of closing.

Word of advice for people calling to get information from ohers. First and foremost if you are calling someone who is a granola they will have no idea about atvs worse off they will always tell you something is closed whether it is or not. This girl didnt know her head from her ******** but she tried her darndest to keep you from riding. think about it.

We went back up to Independence mine on Monday from the Palmer side. I DID see signs saying no atv use allowed. I did NOT see any signs on the Willow side. Ride on!!