Thread: Kasilof River Reds

Default Kasilof River Reds

I'm back in town visiting my army buddies while they are on leave and would like to check out the Russian or Kasilof. I've only dipnetted the Kasilof with great success (can't anymore because I'm no longer a resident) and don't know anything about fishing it with a rod. Is there anywhere to shore fish or is a boat an absolute necessity?

Thanks.

try crooked creek an down the river not the creek but in the river I think it is legal

Look at the advice in the russian reds thread. I hope you catch reds better than you shoot ducks. Best advice would be to watch the big lebowski at least 7 times before going anywhere in a blue dodge. Stay away from people that have first names that start with a C or a R, definatly crazy people.

Remember The Dude Abides

HURRY UP YOU

I know the title of this topic is "Kasilof Reds", but I was wondering how the fishing is going on the Kasilof? Are the kings running in good numbers and weights? How are the other salmon running there?
    My wife & I will be up in Alaska the last week of this month. We have a guided trip scheduled for Monday the 26th on the Kasilof. I am SSSOOO looking forward to returning to Alaska to fish that I can hardly weight. If I had my way, I would move to Alaska. But the wife does not do cold weather well.