Thread: What tire PSI on trailer?

Default What tire PSI on trailer?

Not sure what cold psi to fill my trailer tires to. I have a dual axle king trailer, carrying a 6000 pound boat.

Called Johnsons tire, they stated for trailers that are carrying this load to fill to max cold PSI (which in my case would be 50psi).

Talked with Action Marine and they told me to fill "where it looks right", where the tread looks to meet the road correctly.

I would listen to the tire shop and fill to the max cold pressure of 50 PSI, that's just me.

Proper inflation pressure will be labeled on the sidewall of the tire. That's the only thing I'd trust.

Default Action Marine????

Read the tire info and fill to max rated psi. no one with any proper tire or towing knowledge would say to "fill it till it looks right" so now you know who not to get advise from.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Yep. Inflate to the pressure shown on the tire. Soft tires create heat. Heat kills tires. And soft tires also flex more, possibly causing trailer sway.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Default Rated for Load Range at spec PSI

They have a load range on them should be at least D and they are rated for that load range at the Max PSI stated on the spec.