Thread: Boots/China

Default Boots/China

http://www.adn.com/2010/07/01/134976...#ixzz0sVsS4w8q

A favorite hunting boot going to China
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Default Man, that's tuff

I hate stuff made in China. I will not buy Chinese if I can help it, because it is always inferior. My modus has been to buy up in multiple items still made in the USA (if I can afford to) knowing that those items will soon go overseas as well. I also shop garage sales and eBay for older/used stuff that is American made.

Our government's policies and the unions have led to this debacle.

Anyway, long live "Sitka sneakers"... or should I say, rest in peace?

I too do that. All my Penn reels are USA and a couple of DAMM Quicks from Germany. Probably have enough Extra-Tuf for my lifetime. Heck even my China is from someplace other than China.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Thumbs down China

Here's the boots I've been using as of late. http://www.vikingfootwear.com/defaul...lt&action=page

Thumbs up

"KCAW-FM in Sitka sent a crew down to the harbor to gauge fishermen's reaction to the news that the big "Made in the USA" logo on every XtraTufs box will disappear. "If they're still readily available, then the news is not all bad,"

This will undoubtably be the reaction/thought of the overwhelming vast majority of Alaskan's. They simply don't care. Take a look at all the Specialty Tackle Shops up here and where their tackle/flies/line/poles/nets are coming from. Has it stopped us from buying the junk? NOPE We are not concerned in the least about a guy in Illinois getting canned and going homeless. They are an underserving lot these people in Illinois and deserve to get only what the rest of us American's are willing to tolerate.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

We have switched to Muck boots.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default Dang rite!

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I too do that. All my Penn reels are USA and a couple of DAMM Quicks from Germany. Probably have enough Extra-Tuf for my lifetime. Heck even my China is from someplace other than China.
    I have some thick white china from a cannery that went belly up, platters, mugs, etc.. They say: CHINA Made in USA

I too have lots of Dam Quicks and a host of other old reels and Eagle Claw rods I collect at garage sales. I will not buy Chinese rods and reels.

Thumbs down

It's proably because of the regulations on rubber items are none existence. We lost the company that made our net floats to a over seas market for the same reason.

Huntress
    We have switched to Muck boots.
    Well, actually they're made by the same company also accordingly to my market research.

http://www.nspusa.com/
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I

Our government's policies and the unions have led to this debacle.
    Well, I would say that is half right. The last administration actually encouraged companies to move production overseas. The new President has talked a lot about changing this and trying to get these jobs back but has only been talking about it so far. I guess both parties like campaign donations from these companies more than they like our votes. The best boots I have are "Thorogood workboots" union made in the USA for $120 a pair. I agree with Akres for once. apathy about this problem is the reason these companies keep going over seas. they know most people don't care enough about this issue to stop buying there products. It is hard to do sometimes but if a person looks hard enough you can still find most items with a made in the USA label, you just need to spend a little more time looking. I think a small price to pay to help someone keep there job.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    and the unions have led to this debacle.
    What a ridiculous statement........