Thread: Whittier Lings...

Question Whittier Lings...

Headed back down that way for the weekend. I have several Halibut spots that produce, but am trying to find a good Ling Cod spot. Any pointers as to how far out from the passage, water depth, structure, or anything else that correlates with places that hold Lings more than others? I run out to the north side of Montague regularly so anywhere in between is fair game. Thanks for any info in advance!!! I will post how good/bad we did after the weekend to give everyone feedback as to how things went. Good luck and be safe everyone!!! HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!!

AZinAK

Default Quid pro quo

In order to get a good ling cod spot, you have to give up at least one good halibut spot.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Thumbs up Touché...

A good spot I have is more chicken farm than lunker land but you can easily limit out in a two hour span at slack tide. They run around 20#-30# with the occasional big boy. Two weekends ago I caught a 60# halibut at this spot. If this sounds worth while and you have a Ling spot that produces well, then we can PM the rest...

AZinAK

Default Culross Island East side

The small bay south fo Hidden Bay, it's not to bad to spend the night in either. Huge drop off out side the bay + deep as all get out a little further So. Lots of water movement so have to drop line and drift from 60' to 600' in maybe 100 yards.
    So now for Butt?