Thread: sloww trolling?

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default sloww trolling?

I mean it is slow trolling for kings, so what do YOU do? I give the anglers a full clip and point out targets like kelp or buckets on the beach.(one of the advantes of not having other boats around)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Great way to pass time when you know your backstop.

Seems pretty foolish to me. Guns are not toys and as such are not to be played with. Can't you play cribbage or do something else to pass the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Just because you don't see any boats does not always mean that people are not on or near the beach.

Always fascinating when people jump to the conclusion that anyone using a firearm is being irresponsible, without knowing any other facts.

I am willing to bet the boat is in a very remote part of the island/mainland, the likely hood of a person being about is nil, and that the shore or water was looked over thoroughly through binoculars.

Just because there is water it doesn't mean there are fish in it.

I guess shooting for kicks out over a body of water might be OK somewhere,in some situations,but I can't think of any.

A high velocity bullit richocheting off water will travel an incredible distance.

why no hogue grips on that badboy i hate standard ar grips

Default new

Quote Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
    why no hogue grips on that badboy i hate standard ar grips
    New item, last one I was familar with was stock in USMC, my side arm was a 1911, we didnt carry the AR as mps.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

wow some of these folks have really never been out much... once your out of Kodiak... your out of it... get around that island... and your ALLLLLLL alone

blaze away K, combo... the horizon is still 12 miles right?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default perception

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    wow some of these folks have really never been out much... once your out of Kodiak... your out of it... get around that island... and your ALLLLLLL alone

blaze away K, combo... the horizon is still 12 miles right?
    I forgot about eveyone elses perceptions, there is nothing more natural than shooting from a boat, when you can count everyones boats on your hands and toes! sometimes we dont see any boats for days!
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Oh help us Lord, the forum police are out again. Carry on, Kodiak.

I guess some people have substantially different attitudes about firearm safety. I don't see what location or remoteness has to do with how a weapon is handled.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod in Wasilla View Post
    I guess some people have substantially different attitudes about firearm safety. I don't see what location or remoteness has to do with how a weapon is handled.
    So exactly which part do you see as unsafe? If they were on shore on that exact same beach at the exact same time dropping a buck during hunting season would that somehow be different?

K/C I got to get out to Old Harbor one of these days. You seem like you know how to have a good time!
    Experience is a hard teacher because you get the test first and the lesson afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    Always fascinating when people jump to the conclusion that anyone using a firearm is being irresponsible, without knowing any other facts.

I am willing to bet the boat is in a very remote part of the island/mainland, the likely hood of a person being about is nil, and that the shore or water was looked over thoroughly through binoculars.

Just because there is water it doesn't mean there are fish in it.
    I'd say the possibility is not "nil" as you say. I don't see anything about them "looking over the shore thoroughly with binoculars" in there and even doing that doesn't mean you're not going to hit something you shouldn't be shooting at. Looking at shore with binoculars doesn't mean you're going to see a lone person that just happens to be out on a solo camping trip out in the middle of nowhere.

And then you say you "are willing to bet" the boat is in a remote part of the island. So? Gee. No one ever goes to beaches on a remote part of an island do they?

Shooting at a target like a deer on the beach is one thing, but shooting recklessly at anything that just happens to be lying on the beach is another.

What a stupid, irresponsible thing to be doing. I am a one time certified NRA rifle instructor and doing something like this is beyond irresponsible. You never shoot at a "backstop" where you have no idea what that "backstop" might be.

People like you give the anti-gun advocates more fodder for their campaign. What an idiot.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    What a stupid, irresponsible thing to be doing. I am a one time certified NRA rifle instructor and doing something like this is beyond irresponsible. You never shoot at a "backstop" where you have no idea what that "backstop" might be.

People like you give the anti-gun advocates more fodder for their campaign. What an idiot.
    Speaking of idiots, how does that shoe leather taste? Is it hard walking around with your foot in your mouth?

You know absolute JACK about where he is shooting. I'm real familiar with his area of operations, and he could shoot a bow mounted howitzer at things on the beach without endangering anyone, much less disturbing anyone with the noise. Geeze. Talk about a bunch of assumptions based on your big city blinders. There's not a beach on Kodiak Island without a backstop when shooting from the water.

[QUOTE=Muttley Crew Fishing;764009]
    Shooting at a target like a deer on the beach is one thing, but shooting recklessly at anything that just happens to be lying on the beach is another.QUOTE]

No, it's the same exact thing.
    Experience is a hard teacher because you get the test first and the lesson afterwards.

Oh this is funny! Nice attempt by the rookie guide to get a leg up on another charter operator! Too bad your pictures can't even be in the same realm as Kodiakcombo!

Shoot away kodiakcombo! I tried to rep ya, but it says I need to spread the love around a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    I'd say the possibility is not "nil" as you say. I don't see anything about them "looking over the shore thoroughly with binoculars" in there and even doing that doesn't mean you're not going to hit something you shouldn't be shooting at. Looking at shore with binoculars doesn't mean you're going to see a lone person that just happens to be out on a solo camping trip out in the middle of nowhere.

And then you say you "are willing to bet" the boat is in a remote part of the island. So? Gee. No one ever goes to beaches on a remote part of an island do they?

Shooting at a target like a deer on the beach is one thing, but shooting recklessly at anything that just happens to be lying on the beach is another.