Thread: Savage 99E

Default Savage 99E

I have a Savage 99E in .308 winchester, with the Rotary magazine.I bought it as a beater gun fairly cheap from a old boss of mine quite a while back.I believe it might have been built in the 70's.What Im wondering is if anybody knows if they make a replacement stock for these .It has a crack from the butt up about 4 inches long.Wood or fiberglass would be fine.The stock on it now is to me a very ugly looking yellowy color wood.Dont no what type it is.Any help would be appreciated...

Dan,
    Go to 24 hour campfire and check the Savage collectors forum.....a good bunch of knowledgeable savage guys.....

I've replaced or upgraded several Savage 99 rifle stocks over the years with 95% inlets from Fajen. This link takes you to the Fajen listings at GunAccesories.com. GA lists a bunch of other replacement gunstock makers as well, so I'm betting you'll find what you want with one of them, if not several. I only know the Fajen (and my info is old), but I have always been very happy with their products in the past.

I got a 99 stock from these guys a couple of years back.

www.boydsgunstocks.com

I have to agree, that 99E stock is one ugly piece of work with its impressed checkering and beech wood.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Ha! You beat me to it ak257. I checked with a friend who has done a 99 recently, and just got his email recommending Boyds. My friend is both demanding and skilled, and he expressed a lot of enthusiasm for Boyd's. Come to think if it, I've got a 99C in 284 with a pretty ugly stock. I'd never dumpt the original in spite of its impressed checkering, but I'd sure be happier if I also had a better stock for it.