Thread: Hope Humpies?

Default Hope Humpies?

Hello All!

How is Hope looking for humpies? Should be soon, but am looking for firsthand reports. Thanks and happy fishing!

Cheers,

AKBull

Default Hope Humpies

Fish three hours before high tide on July 5, 2010. Use half ounce pink pixees. You'll have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by ValdezBull View Post
    Fish three hours before high tide on July 5, 2010. Use half ounce pink pixees. You'll have a blast!
    Wow, very specific!! I'll give it a try!

Little early for humpies, isn't it?
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Should be down their on the 16th or 17th. Can't wait to give it a whirl.

Proudly Serving Since 1997
    The circle is complete again, finally. The force is once again balanced!
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes in regards to fishing!"

Do black bears frequent the area this time of year? Still up high looking for grass and such? Not going to "fish" if you catch my drift. Have buddies looking for a bear. Not sure where we are gonna head to. This location was mentioned.

Default bears

i don't think many bears are up in grass any more. not that i have seen. if you can find a clearing along the lower areas of resurrection creek to watch might be good, especially when the pinks hit the creek. for that area, that would be my best idea.

Default Pinks in???

Are there any pinks in down there yet? Thinking about running down there tomorrow.

Took a drive down there, no one had caught anything. One guy said he saw one. Not saw one caught, just saw one.

Me and my crew will be down there next week. thats our first stop. It should be killer fishing by next week. I've got the pixies locked and loaded ready. I hope my arm is just jello at the end of the first day...

Any word on Humpies? The son and I are headed to Seward on Monday for some silver and thought we might stop on Sunday if they are in...

I hit Bird tonight, not many fish yet. Saw one silver (could have been a small king, dude was accross the river but it looked mighty big to be a silver) caught and 1 pink. No rollers or torpedos.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Thanks for the update! At least you saw one.. A lot can change in a day or two. If anyone else happens to head down that way over the next couple of days and update would be much appreciated.

Default No luck with humpies

Stopped by Hope with my father-in-law on the way back from a Homer/Seward two day jount. No luck, didn't see a thing. But got the lines wet at least and spent some quality time on the river. Anyone have any good leads on where I can take him to get some quick fish? Saw a few guys at Bird Creek but from earlier post it might still be early. Thinking of heading out to Jim's or the Race for a shot. Tight lines....

hoosier, quick fish might be a little difficult for a few days until the pinks show in mass. I was at the tailrace yesterday, a few rollers, saw 1 red on a stringer. There might be some reds at Jim's.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Default Hope Humpies

Stopped by Resurrection Creek in Hope last Monday morning in time to catch the peak high tide. Fished over three hours from near the mouth up about a mile. Water was clear but very high and fast. Saw no fish roll on tide (unusual for this time of year), only a seal bobbing up here and there. Caught and released one semi-bright male pink a ways above the bridge and observed a chrome chum near tidewater. Very slow fishing overall, runs appear late here and elsewhere around Turnagain Arm.