Thread: Kenai Penisula - Fishing for Kids

Eagle River

Default Kenai Penisula - Fishing for Kids

I am going to Homer this weekend and will be down for that way for about 10 days. I need a sure bet (or as much of a sure bet as I can get) for a couple little boys (6 and 4.5 years old) to catch some fish. They just got there first real poles and are hot to use them. I don't really care what type of fish or where but it has to be fun for them. We have caught (read I have caught while they watched) all the pollack and flounder they can stand off the spit and are looking for something different. I have been fishing on the peninsula for 25 year but most of the time it was me, my rod and waders. I don't mind beating the water all day to catch one fish but they have a bit less endurance and attention span. Can anyone turn me on to a lake or two or another hot ideas for my boys?

If all else fails we will go flog deep creek/Anchor for dollies between trips out to catch halibut with Grandpa.

Sterling, AK

Give Johnson lake (few miles south of Soldotna) a try. F&G stocks it with trout every spring. Last time I took my boys there the fish were so hungry they were biting bare hooks.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Default JohnsonLake

That's a +1, My son in law took our 6 YO grand daughter last week. Lots of small trout with single egg and bobber. Go for it and enjoy this nation's Holiday.