Thread: Clear creek navigation hazard

Default Clear creek navigation hazard

Boated up Clear Creek on sunday morning and took the left channel. We had to duck under a tree but made the run without issues.

On the way back, the tree had fallen down and completely blocked the channel close to billion slough. We went back up river and went down the opposite side. It is very narrow and the way is not easy to find.

I hope somebody cleared the snag so this post is not necessary. Ask a local boater before heading up to be sure.

I heard it is clear now.

you much have went the wrong way to start with. I had no problems. When were you there on sunday I was there from 8am to 3pm...

Quote Originally Posted by Daved View Post
    Boated up Clear Creek on sunday morning and took the left channel. We had to duck under a tree but made the run without issues.

On the way back, the tree had fallen down and completely blocked the channel close to billion slough. We went back up river and went down the opposite side. It is very narrow and the way is not easy to find.

I hope somebody cleared the snag so this post is not necessary. Ask a local boater before heading up to be sure.

OOPs bad post. We were on Clear Creek on Tuesday not Sunday. Glad to hear you did well Mike. I agree. The run up and down would be easy were it not for a huge cottonwood in the river. Glad to hear it is taken care of, so I guess the warning was not necessary.