Thread: Does anyone know of a Place in Anchorage that will

Default Does anyone know of a Place in Anchorage that will

Shock Freeze Fish?

We're coming in from our Halibut Trip on the Friday evening and Flying Saturday. Does anyone know of a place that will like Shock Freeze Fish so we can Fly them out?

Default shock freeze...

I don't know of any. Perhaps the more local user does.

If I was caught in your dilemma I would be inbound with my catch individually vacuumed packed and iced. I would book a hotel with a large walk-in freezer and spread my catch all over the interior to get it hard. I would also include a couple of blue blocks of gel ice. Last thing I would do before leaving for the airport would be to pack it all up in a Styrafoam insulated fish box. This will work, and is doable, and I have done it with complete satisfaction in preservation and transit of product.

Make sure you communicate ahead of time with the hotel's GM if you face this...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Default Where are you fishing?

If you want your fish frozen for the trip home, you didn't allow enough time for that to happen. Your options are to move either the date of your fishing trip or the date you fly home, or find a company that will freeze, then ship your fish to you at home. If fishing in Homer, I'd check with Coal Point Fish Processing. I don't know if they offer this service, but it's worth asking. If fishing in Seward, call the Fish House and ask who they might recommend.

+1 on Coal Point
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

If you're in Homer, Coal Point does offer to FedEx fish. Expensive but....... They do a nice job.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Rgrwalker View Post
    Shock Freeze Fish?

We're coming in from our Halibut Trip on the Friday evening and Flying Saturday. Does anyone know of a place that will like Shock Freeze Fish so we can Fly them out?
    i can give you my ex wifes phone number.. not sure what she will charge to touch each one....she could even fly them for you too.... but not sure the weight limit on her broom
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here