Thread: My 30-06 in it's final form to finish load work

Default My 30-06 in it's final form to finish load work

Here is my 30-06 with the Hogue Mold Over Stock (full aluminum bedding block) and a new Bushnell 4200 3-9x40mm. This configuration will be what I use to finish my load redo on the 30-06 which POP has helped out a great deal by providing load data info which has saved me a ton of money and time.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

A few more pictures:

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

The reason I have changed from a VX-III to the Bushnell 4200 is as follows. I have owned the Bushnell before and it's light gathering quality is superb and it takes a lot of recoil abuse and I love the rainguard. Been frustrated a few times down here in Mississippi over the last three years since our winters are so often wet and humidity is high that I have had to try and wipe a scope to see game clearly enough to take my shot.

Also, this 3-9x40mm 4200 has given me a better felt balance than did the VX-III did but that is a matter of preference and opinion on my part. The 4200 is good glass for the money and is actually a little brighter to my eyes than the VX-III is and I can see images earlier in the morning than with the VX-III. So, I sold one of my VX-III scopes and bought the 4200.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    The reason I have changed from a VX-III to the Bushnell 4200 is as follows. I have owned the Bushnell before and it's light gathering quality is superb and it takes a lot of recoil abuse and I love the rainguard. Been frustrated a few times down here in Mississippi over the last three years since our winters are so often wet and humidity is high that I have had to try and wipe a scope to see game clearly enough to take my shot.

Also, this 3-9x40mm 4200 has given me a better felt balance than did the VX-III did but that is a matter of preference and opinion on my part. The 4200 is good glass for the money and is actually a little brighter to my eyes than the VX-III is and I can see images earlier in the morning than with the VX-III. So, I sold one of my VX-III scopes and bought the 4200.
    In my opinion the 4200 is a better scope than the VX-III is, hands downs. I know that statement will ruffle some feathers but I too have looked through both side by side in the fading light and the difference is very noticeable in favor of the 4200. The same is true of the Nikon Monarch vs the VX-III.

Nice rig Beartooth!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    In my opinion the 4200 is a better scope than the VX-III is, hands downs. I know that statement will ruffle some feathers but I too have looked through both side by side in the fading light and the difference is very noticeable in favor of the 4200. The same is true of the Nikon Monarch vs the VX-III.

Nice rig Beartooth!
    You won't ruffle my feathers, because I do know the differences and they are slight but my eyes like the 4200 better and I am hear to tell you that in the early hours I was able with the 4200 I had in the past to actually see game well enough to shoot before I could with my VX-III. Now do I love luepolds? Yes, I just have a condition in some of my hunting that favors the 4200.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I like your rifle's nice, clean lines. I also have three Bushnells (after being a Leupie guy).

Nice rig Beartooth, no feathers ruffled here. I'm a lupie guy but hey some like fords, some like chevys, I drive dodges