Thread: Wildfowl Article "Alaska Jewel"

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default Wildfowl Article "Alaska Jewel"

Gary Kramer wrote a very nice piece about his trip to with Kodiak Combos his group was here in October they landed halibut, cod, grnwing teal, mallards, scoters and other species. He got some nice pictures of scoters flaring over the layout boat, check it out.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

I read that article yesterday. Nice little piece. I've got a question though.....in the article it says that you specialize in King Eiders in late December and January. Do you actually see decent numbers of them. What would your success rate be on them. I've seen them in Woman's Bay along with spectacled eiders, but never in any numbers where I would consider a decent success rate. Plenty of Pacific Eiders around late in the year, but just wondering about King numbers.

I'd say your outfit would be a dream come true for most folks wanting to fish and hunt Alaska. You can get a little bit of everything out there at Old Harbor!!

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default huntin kings is not a surething

Sometimes king eiders dont even come into the bays but while we are out we keep an eye out for them while targeting other species and fishing.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com