Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My rules for bear hunting in Alaska

Default My rules for bear hunting in Alaska

Conditions of bear population density and species ecological balance in relation to subsistence needs suggests new rules of hunting.

1. Brown and black bear hunting in Alaska limited to black powder ammo and single-shot weapons. For defense, any weapon can be used, but a report must be filed demonstrating possible risk, such as that bear "touched" any personal property or approached too close.
    2. Brown and black bears may be taken at any time of the year for any reason, limited to 5 per year.
    3. No bear baiting, except by Fish and Game for specific reasons.
    4. Taking of bear meat no longer required.
    5. No hunting without a guide for out of state citizens, and guides have certain responsibilities.
    a. All wounded bears must be followed up on and dispatched by the next day.
    b. No shots are to be taken of bears beyond a range of 150 yards.
    c. Shot taken by out of state hunter should be with guide NOT closer to hunter than 20 yards, and guide may then take shots as necessary.
    d. All shots taken must be reported on a hunt report.
    6. Number of bears taken should not be more than 5 per year, any species.
    7. Specific areas of bear viewing and protection identified by state Fish and Game will be respected.

Note that requirement of black powder, single shot, will reduce numbers of nimrods of limited courage, but restrictions on state citizens emphasize a pre-statehood level of individual responsibility on taking bears. Nuisance and fearless bears would be reduced, especially around population centers. Bears that fear man have the best chance of survival.

bookburn, daydreaming in my armchair.

Um, yeah, let us know how that works out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by bookburn View Post
    Conditions of bear population density and species ecological balance in relation to subsistence needs suggests new rules of hunting.

1. Brown and black bear hunting in Alaska limited to black powder ammo and single-shot weapons. For defense, any weapon can be used, but a report must be filed demonstrating possible risk, such as that bear "touched" any personal property or approached too close.
    2. Brown and black bears may be taken at any time of the year for any reason, limited to 5 per year.
    5. No hunting without a guide for out of state citizens, and guides have certain responsibilities.
    c. Shot taken by out of state hunter should be with guide NOT closer to hunter than 20 yards, and guide may then take shots as necessary.
    7. Specific areas of bear viewing and protection identified by state Fish and Game will be respected.

Note that requirement of black powder, single shot, will reduce numbers of nimrods of limited courage, but restrictions on state citizens emphasize a pre-statehood level of individual responsibility on taking bears. Nuisance and fearless bears would be reduced, especially around population centers. Bears that fear man have the best chance of survival.

"Daydreaming" is obviously not the only activity taking place in that "armchair"/
    Joe (Ak)

You can't be serious. There are so many "laws" in here that could be broken/bent it's absurd.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Say what?

I'll let you follow those rules if you like, but as a general set of standards for others to abide by they are PITIFUL to say the least.

I am totally speechless on this one.....

I was ok till I got past the single shot rifles
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Must be a GREAT armchair or your daydreaming is self medicating.

Thumbs down

I am with everyone else on this. If you put all these together it makes no sense as to what your trying to accomplish. The current regs are pretty sound with the exeption that they need to open up more griz hunting in several areas.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

bookburn, I want some of what you're smoking!!

I think all bear hunting should be from attack aircraft using hellfire missiles.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Maybe bookburn is a flycaster.

Default OR...

Quote Originally Posted by ytlogger View Post
    Maybe bookburn is a flycaster.
    Or quite fond of Cottonwoods, Pine, Spruce, Aspen ect ect...

Remember bookburn to : Puff, Puff, Pass.....lol

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    I think all bear hunting should be from attack aircraft using hellfire missiles.
    hahahahahahaha!!!

Bookburn, do you remember the song "I'll Never Smoke Weed with Willie Again"? Maybe you should take that advice.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Talking

Okay, Bookburn,
    You've got my attention; we heard your solution statement. Where's your PROBLEM statement?

Now, in JEST, I say it sounds like you just got stoned sitting your armchair while watching "Legends of the Fall" and you think Tristen is really cool and you're thinking of modeling your life after his.

Oh, and you just picked up a new, bright yellow copy of the Hunting Reg's and were paging through and thought you'd like to make some changes.

Have a big ole bowl of Honey-Nut Cheerios and tomorrow, when you log on here, you're gonna be HORRIFIED at what you've posted!!

Taylor

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

personally i think if your not taking the meat you should not be hunting them in the first place
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I cant believe I just spent time reading that....

Default Wow!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast