Thread: Death of a Bait Barrel

Unhappy Death of a Bait Barrel

So it looks like I kept my barrel out a weeeee bit too long....At least this was only the second brown to hit my site. At least the blackies cleaned it out pretty good before trouble rolled in

The aftermath....

Ak Trout-

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Man it's just amazing what those critters can do to a steel drum. Better it than thou!!

I have one that looks just like that

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    I have one that looks just like that
    hehehe... Must be a popular style these days...lol

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

From the time stamps on the photos; it appears that bear was there over an hour beating the crap outta your barrel. He sure looks like he wanted to take that barrel home with him in a real bad way. Thanks for the post. Amazing power those bubbas have.

Exclamation

Keep your eyes open for available KEGs during the off-season, fellas. Mine worked wonderfully. 15-gallon should run you about $50 to $60.

They broke my turnbuckle on the chain and the hasp on my lid, but only managed to scrape the bumber stickers off the keg body.

I'm gonna run a steel rod through the handles at the top and leave the top open other than that. Keeps the big brown boys and girls from digging from the top but allows the scent to waft and me to fill it without touching the keg (lid).

Already I can't wait for next year!

Taylor

would have been great to have been there to see that show.
    ? next one weld a brace or two on the inside.
    thanx for sharing the pix
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER