Thread: Kenai River after July 1st w/bait?

Default Kenai River after July 1st w/bait?

Anyone have good info on this time of year, techniques, or where to launch a boat for Kings? I've never fished the Kenai this time of the year with my boat, but hope to this year. I'm told it's very busy! With the limited info I have, I've been planning on back bouncing/boondogging with either a K15/K16 or spin and Glo's with some sort of bait (eggs or herring). Drifting about 1/3 water speed, and where to fish, No Idea. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thank You

Book a guide for your first trip on the river--then go out on your own. It will be well worth it in the long run--especially if you hook up with a good lower river guide. Do a little research and ask a few questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lure View Post
    Book a guide for your first trip on the river--then go out on your own. It will be well worth it in the long run--especially if you hook up with a good lower river guide. Do a little research and ask a few questions.
    Good advice here. I have fished the lower river for 35 years, and have seen a lot of silly things happen. It can be a pretty intimidating place for the inexperienced lower river novice. Still, you gotta start somewhere. One time with a good guide will save you a lot of time and agony, and your success rate will go up dramatically when you get on your own.