Thread: Tanana at Manley Hot Springs

Default Tanana at Manley Hot Springs

Has anyone put in the Tanana at MHS? I am planning on using a small skiff with a prop. solo...... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvatar View Post
    Has anyone put in the Tanana at MHS? I am planning on using a small skiff with a prop. solo...... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Shouldn't be a problem - I have launched there a lot of times without incident and the river is plenty big for props - If you are looking for more specific info let me know what you are looking for.

Last year the launch on the Tanana was steep and had a shallow bottom. My trailer bottomed out. I had to come down the slough from the roadhouse. It was pretty weedy, but ok. The Tanana is great from there down to the mouth at the Yukon.

Default Agree

The two prior posters both hit it on the head with their perspectives. Normally pretty easy launch, but river levels can play a factor. I've also launched out of there a lot, & though I've had to get creative at least once, I've always gotten my boat in the water. If the river's low, you likely won't make it out of the slough with a prop.

Brian