Thread: Tangle Lakes?

Smile Tangle Lakes?

Thinking about hitting Tangle Lakes after a long weekend on the Klutina. Has anyone been up there this year? How is the road? Any fly pattern recommendations? Thanks!

Default hmm

Yes, good, and ANY thing typical grayling.. mosquitos, gold ribbed hairs ear, pheasant tail nymph, gold bead nymps, ants, the smaller the better, BUT big work too

Fish the river dump out for some lakers with streamers

hike away from the camps to get to less pressured fish.

Drive past Tangles to Rock creek and any of the others you see to fish as well. Dont think small waters dont hold fish.. you will be surprised.

Ill second rock creek. As far as the road. It is paved untill Tangle so you will have no issues. I fish where it dumps into the lake and have done very well on grayling and lakers there. also the river is loaded from top to bottom. Just wade out, find a cutbank or a rock and cast. Skeeters, black gnats anything along those lines always produce. If spinning 0 mepps. Becarefull though. Those little suckers can take all the hooks on a mepps treble. Ill be up in the area all weekend and just went and got a bunch of single hooks mepps just in case. I have also cut a hook or two off the trebles and pinch my barbs. Them suckers can inhale a hook
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by FairbanksBowHunter View Post
    Yes, good, and ANY thing typical grayling.. mosquitos, gold ribbed hairs ear, pheasant tail nymph, gold bead nymps, ants, the smaller the better, BUT big work too

Drive past Tangles to Rock creek and any of the others you see to fish as well. Dont think small waters dont hold fish.. you will be surprised.

If you think there are not fish in there, try it. You will be shocked at how many little streams have fish in them.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Awesome! We are definitely going to hit that area after we leave Copper Center on the 5th. Hopefully my 14 year old step-daughter can FINALLY catch a fish in Alaska!! Thanks for the great info! We really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by 3griffs View Post
    Awesome! We are definitely going to hit that area after we leave Copper Center on the 5th. Hopefully my 14 year old step-daughter can FINALLY catch a fish in Alaska!! Thanks for the great info! We really appreciate it!

I promise you she will catch some grayling. Also stop at the day use area of tangle. It is about 1/4 mile from where the road turns to dirt. It will be on the left. Walk down (20 yards) to the bottom of the boat launch. Where lake narrows and the river starts is wide smooth flowing water. Grayling are always stacked up in there