Thread: Kenai Dippnetting Logistics

Default Kenai Dippnetting Logistics

I'm sure this has been asked/answered hundreds of time but I just couldn't find it in a search.

Sorry for the repeat

however a group of friend/families have decided to try Dipnetting for the first time when the Kenai opens later this month. and I'm trying to find out what the nearest RV/camping facilites are to the dipnetting beaches.. (or B&B if it comes to that.

Me and the older boys are fine by tenting it on the beach but mom and the two toddlers need something a little more... "civilized" we are debating renting an RV or hotel room for them. (preferably the RV)

Do they allow RV camping in one of the parking lots? or are you required to find an RV lot? if so where might be a good location to book??

Silly questions I know but I've never really fished the Kenai area before, for the last 4 years we've either had a newborn baby or someone in the family has been fighting a life threatening illness that has really made camping impossible. I've been limited to the Mat-su within 1 hr fisheries.

this year is the first we've been able to consider a family camping trip since moving to Alaska and are looking forward to it.

thanks

Default using the north or south shore?

It makes a big difference
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

likely north shore. as if we need to go the hotel option then I'd need to look at something close to the town.

Default parking for south shore access.

never been down on that side, can anybody tell me which road leads down to the parking area for the dipnet access.? thanks

Kenai RV park and Beluga Point/lookout.

Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Short informative thread with good info about North side Kenai for dipnetters. If N side in your plans, make reservations early!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    Kenai RV park and Beluga Point/lookout.

Drew