Thread: Is there a site problem right this second?

Exclamation Is there a site problem right this second?

My PM ability is shut down, so my private post to the mgmt here did not go thru, so I must post this publicly:

My membership as a Premium Member has now been downgraded to the level of a Member, which lowered my PM stored count from 500 to just 50, which means I can no longer either send or receive PMs.

Wassup?

Site glitch? That's my bet.

Please respond publicly on this thread since I can't get PMs.

Added: OK I just searched for other members that upgraded to Premium and saw others were downgraded now too. So at ease there King; it ain't just me.

Default Lemme have it King!

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Added: OK I just searched for other members that upgraded to Premium and saw others were downgraded now too. So at ease there King; it ain't just me.
    Hey, wait a second there King! You are still shown as a Premium Member, so maybe it IS just me and a couple of other (Premium Member) troublemakers around here that are being dealt with.... OK, King, let me have it; looks like I deserve it.

Default Problem solved: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

My bank statements only go back 12 months, not 12.5, so no help there.

Luckily paypal.com gives their customers more and it told me it is right this second 2 hours and 1 year since I paid AOD my membership dues.

My anniversary present was to be cut off/down with no notice (that I saw, anyway).

Since I signed up for an upgraded membership the first day it was available - or close to it anyway - it is likely that I am the first member on this site to be downgraded and their PM-ability (beyond a paltry 50 which is nuthin') cut off with no notice.

Or at least the first one that noticed; it probably happened at midnight, 2 hrs 24 minutes ago.

Problem solved, I re-up'd my membership just now.

To The Forum Mgmt: there might possibly be a better way to treat the people that send you money. Ya think?
    Hey Chuck, Hey Vince, you guys going to send in your money right now? Don't bother trying to PM me cause its likely that you can't.

Hey, wait a second there King! You are still shown as a Premium Member, so maybe it IS just me and a couple of other (Premium Member) troublemakers around here that are being dealt with.... OK, King, let me have it; looks like I deserve it.
    Feeling a little insecure there, FM?

No worries FM. Mine just says member too and Im on a automatic renew. I think it might take a day or two for the bean counters to process. I see what happens with mine
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Hey, ICEBEAR is far from a bean counter! I am sure the membership issue will be worked out shortly, some bugs are bound to crop up since this is the first time that "renewals" have come up.

I am pretty sure we have different programmers than the ones that set up the ADF&G drawing permit so we should be able to fix it in short order.

Thanks to those of you who are helping to support the site!!!

Default fixing things up

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Hey, ICEBEAR is far from a bean counter! I am sure the membership issue will be worked out shortly, some bugs are bound to crop up since this is the first time that "renewals" have come up.

I am pretty sure we have different programmers than the ones that set up the ADF&G drawing permit so we should be able to fix it in short order
    Send her over to Vince and Chucks areas; they're still un-renewed. Turns out that of the three of us that all sent money the first day it was offered I alone was supposed to be cut off at midnight last night, since Chuck is on autorenew and Vince's prize package was supposed to pay for his.

I haven't done an autorenew since a web site I'd done biz with for many many years wrongly pulled many thousands of dollars out of my account; and dumb me I didn't even notice for a few weeks. When I did notice it I showed up at their front door in person and had a "heart to heart" talk with their president, founder, and chief programmer.

Lastly tell Icebear that King is the one that really should have been cut off, and long ago. For leaving all those black tread marks all around this forum for so darned long. He needs to go get one of those little scrubbee robots shown in the movie Wall E.

And LuJon, I heard different. I heard that the programmers on this site ARE the same ones that programmed up our big game drawing, and that's how come paid memberships here can receive better chances to draw big game tags each year.

Send her over to Vince and Chucks areas; they're still un-renewed. Turns out that of the three of us that all sent money the first day it was offered I alone was supposed to be cut off at midnight last night, since Chuck is on autorenew and Vince's prize package was supposed to pay for his.

I haven't done an autorenew since a web site I'd done biz with for many many years wrongly pulled many thousands of dollars out of my account; and dumb me I didn't even notice for a few weeks. When I did notice it I showed up at their front door in person and had a "heart to heart" talk with their president, founder, and chief programmer.

Lastly tell Icebear that King is the one that really should have been cut off, and long ago. For leaving all those black tread marks all around this forum for so darned long. He needs to go get one of those little scrubbee robots shown in the movie Wall E.

And LuJon, I heard different. I heard that the programmers on this site ARE the same ones that programmed up our big game drawing, and that's how come paid memberships here can receive better chances to draw big game tags each year.
    Just for you, FM!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Thanks and I owe ya one.... no, lets square things now

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Just for you, FM!
    Well thank you King! That reminds me of my face when you left your tire tracks all over at my place, & got us tossed out of that place. Brian really should have come over that day as planned to help keep ya in line like he does here.

OK, so here's one back at ya: Wall E's friend Scrubby the Robot. He can take care of those wheel marks for you:
    Attached Images Attached Images

At a minimum, a week or two notice that the contributing member status is about to expire... perhaps?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Renewals

Hey guys, sorry I have visiting family here right now and am looking at several things this evening and see all of this stuff about renewals. Let me look into this and get back to you guys by tomorrow afternoon. It looks like our system didn't take your auto renewals. I am not the one who programmed this for memberships, so I will send an email to our programmer and find out what happened. This is out of my hands at this time.

Vince, alaskachuck, I see your memberships have expired. Sorry about that guys.

Did Family Man, Ranger Rick, kasilofchrisn and JOAT all get auto renewals, or did you just keep track of it yourself and knew you had to renew. I think Family Man made mention that his paypal did the auto renewal on him.

Let me keep working with our tech on this problem and see what the solution will be.

Please don't dog the team. We all do the best we can and like LuJon said we have different programmers and the team at AOD do their very best to keep things running as smoothly as we can.

Thanks for being a part of the AOD forums and don't give up on us. We will stay on the problem until a solution is reached. - Pam

Thumbs up renewal issues on the site

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    I think Family Man made mention that his paypal did the auto renewal on him.

Please don't dog the team.

like LuJon said we have different programmers

don't give up on us.
    Icebear,

No, paypal did not auto-renew for me. My first post creating this thread said clearly I was only posting about this publicly because I had no ability to PM. I had already tried to PM Brian privately and it refused.

I was shut down from the services I need and (reference post#3 this thread) my bank online couldn't tell me of the date of my last payment to your site, but luckily paypal not only keeps and shares my historical info with me well but let me send you the latest renewal moola on the spot.

The shut down would have been no biggie for me except I did have a person issue (that was my biz and my mistake, frankly) that meant that your site's shutting me down was bad for me. I apologise if post #1 in this thread was too harsh; I did tone it down before sending believe it or not.

Please let me know if my comments dog the team or appear to be giving up; that would mean I didn't say things right and is not my goal or intent.

I do keep repeating the false rumor that this site's programmers are the same team that program the Alaska big game drawings - shoot me, but I think its funny - if this attempt at humor is a problem let me know directly and I won't. The actual facts are that it has been publicly disclosed otherwise and (in my mind) would never be taken seriously by anyone using their head attached to their shoulders.

I appreciate the team here and likely don't thank them/you enough. But as you do know I have sent money to you (besides membership $) so likely you do know that I mean what I say here.

Man its tough to write a humorless post. I'm going to go have to say something to King now. (Doh! I blew it! )

Thanks again!

Default Humor is welcome!

Hey Family Man, no problem. I like the joking that takes place on the site. When I got hit with this problem on the spot tonight, I was thrown for a loop. Things are great now. Thanks for your renewal. I appreciate it.

Default Paypal renewals

Ok guys, I have sent out 7 emails this evening informing the expired members of the problem we are having and 2 of them have already renewed on the spot. Thanks guys, really appreciate it. One of them informed me that they were given an autopay notice last week, but didn't pay it last week, but when he received my PM tonight, it reminded him of payment, so he paid.

From what I am seeing in the backend of our forum panel, paypal is autopay. If you haven't received a notice, it may be that you called me with your credit card number last year and I processed it thru Authorize.net. We cannot set this feature to auto pay, it is something I have to process manually. No - YOU CAN'T HAVE OUR ACCOUNT INFO!!!!

So for now, I have every member in a database and will be looking at the names to see if you paid thru paypal or Authorize.net and send you a notice, but would appreciate each of you who get a renewal notice from me, if you would let me know if you got an autopay message from Paypal or not.

Thanks guys for understanding and for standing by us as we continue to work out the problems.

Have an awesome week.
    Pam

Smile Hey Ice

I was not and am not upset at all. I just like to help the site out. I hope you did not take my PM to be anything but a question. I went ahead and just paid it through the subscription link today. I wont do paypal as my account there has been hacked 2 times and well hacked twice should cover it. I went through the other payment method. I did get a renewal notice via email here. So that part of the system worked fine. It just stated if you selected auto renewal dont do anything. Just wanted to bring it to your attention as Im sure the questions were gonna start coming in. Again thanks for the time and the help
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

thanks pam... i cant, reply to your PM yet.... you have m prefered pay method.. on file. but check with mike.. as mine was part of the MOTY package,

no worrys.... kinda nice being hard to reach from time to time...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default On top of the renewal situation

Okay guys, I am getting on top of this now. Vince you are good to go with your premium membership. Thanks alaskachuck for your payment thru Authorize.net this morning.

I don't check all of these forums, so I was glad that one of the members and also one of mods sent the link to this thread to let me know that there was a problem with renewals.

I appreciate each and everyone of you who participate and give so much into our forums. Alaska is a great place to be, we have so much to offer for the outdoorsman (woman). Keep up the good work and all the awesome posting you guys and gals contribute.