Thread: Anchorage archery ranges?

Default Anchorage archery ranges?

Hey everyone. I was wondering if there are some archery shooting ranges in or nearby anchorage. I believe theirs one in kincaid but i belive its privately owned? I just need to sight in my bow to make sure im ready for my first Alaska bow hunt. Thanks in advance!

Default Kincaid archery range

The range at Kincaid Park is operated by the Northwest Archer's Association. The city provides the land, the club provides the targets and labor to maintain the range. However, the static range is open to the public. Targets range from 10-80 yards. The three loops at the Kincaid range are for NAA members only.

Jeff

Default static range?

what exactly do you mean by static range? is that just a part of the range in Kincaid or is that at a whole new location? and also do you know what the times of operation are for it. thank you.

The static range = practice range. Not sure why we (NAA) call it the static range, they're all static ranges as the targets don't move.... It is part of the Kincaid park range. From the static range you'll see trails leading off to the various target loops. Hours of operation at the same as Kincaid park (8 AM - 10 PM, I think). Just park at the gate on the spur road and walk back the gravel road, you'll see the signs.

There is also a small archery range at the Rabbit Creek shooting park in south Anchorage. Range fees are something like $8-9 / day for adults.

Ok that sounds good, ill try and go there some time this week and also are the targets provided or do i have to bring my own targets?

Targets are provided. They are the Nat'l Field Archers Assoc. 5-Star target face on the large Block layered backstops. You are welcome to bring your own target but we ask that you take them with you when you leave. Please remember, no broadheads allowed.

oh ok that sounds good, and last question... :-) are there any fees?

I went and shot at the kincaid park range this last week. I thought the range was awesome, very nice targets. Take some bug spray as the mosquitos were horrible. I was constantly wiping them off of me, definitely difficult to concentrate on your shots.

Being my first time out there I found it confusing to find. There is a big sign that talks about the club and all but no directions to the range. I found it, but it did take me a little bit and some wondering where the heck I was going. There's a sign that says do not enter yet you have to go that way to get to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    I went and shot at the kincaid park range this last week. I thought the range was awesome, very nice targets. Take some bug spray as the mosquitos were horrible. I was constantly wiping them off of me, definitely difficult to concentrate on your shots.

Being my first time out there I found it confusing to find. There is a big sign that talks about the club and all but no directions to the range. I found it, but it did take me a little bit and some wondering where the heck I was going. There's a sign that says do not enter yet you have to go that way to get to the range.
    thanks for the info.