Thread: Drift boat Monday

Default Drift boat Monday

Say anyone recognize this two out laws? Fun day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know the guy in the middle but the two on the outside...........

Nice job fishook.

I'm thinking back to my last trip on that vessel. The hookup and landing spots look VERY familiar from the captain's vantage point. Even the fish looks to be about the same size. What's that beast weigh.... 37-38?

BTW.... nice rodholders!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Nice fish. congratulations. Just one other boat in sight gotta love that..
    I would of guessed 45+ but i don't know much about it..

nice!!!!

You wouldnt mind divulging length of leader would ya? I assuming you are using glo's and eggs? Are yall using jets with kwiks on the kenai, or do the 16's get deep enough?

Got a day's of to do's today at home then I'm headed south with the raft!

Nice fish. Yes last night was a great night to be drifting. I took the kids out and enjoyed some nice and sunny weather. It was actually a little hot. I loved it. Not too many boats on the water. Only a couple of boats in each good hole. We didn't land a king as nice as yours, but we did catch a little Jack on eggs and spin/glo. It makes the trip better to at least catch somethin.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Scott View Post
    Nice fish. Yes last night was a great night to be drifting. I took the kids out and enjoyed some nice and sunny weather. It was actually a little hot. I loved it. Not too many boats on the water. Only a couple of boats in each good hole. We didn't land a king as nice as yours, but we did catch a little Jack on eggs and spin/glo. It makes the trip better to at least catch somethin.

Scott

The smile on her face says it all
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    Nice job fishook.

I'm thinking back to my last trip on that vessel. The hookup and landing spots look VERY familiar from the captain's vantage point. Even the fish looks to be about the same size. What's that beast weigh.... 37-38?

BTW.... nice rodholders!
    Doc like you would say (off on a real Nantucket sleigh ride) he smashed a K-15 pealing off 175 feet in no time then turned out & up river, I put the boat in a slide then he finely turned down river & the chase was on, we landed it just above world record hole.

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    nice!!!!

You wouldnt mind divulging length of leader would ya? I assuming you are using glo's and eggs? Are yall using jets with kwiks on the kenai, or do the 16's get deep enough?

Got a day's of to do's today at home then I'm headed south with the raft!
    Was fishing a K-15 with a 7-ft leader to the main line & diver, it was really to long & made it hard to net the fish while doing the Kenai river dance around the boat. The only resend for the long leader was that particular kwik fish is a swimmer.

Yep... 7 ft is pushing it for leader length. Unless you're real tall.... or have a 6 ft -plus net handle.... or have a real wide boat (so the rod man can back up away from the gunnel at the last instant), running a 7 ft leader makes for a REALLY tough net shot!

But fishook is a DBM stud. Putting happy smiles on people's faces has become his specialty. Here's another one that took us for a Nantucket sleigh ride thru the exact same water 2 years ago....

Man that RiverWolf drifter sure has a LOT more room when two of the seats are missing!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

thanks for the tip....I'm gonna be on the road tomorrow evening, still planning on doing the float a time or two, any put in an pull outs I should know about? Or vehicular shuttles being I'll likely be fishing alone?

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    thanks for the tip....I'm gonna be on the road tomorrow evening, still planning on doing the float a time or two, any put in an pull outs I should know about? Or vehicular shuttles being I'll likely be fishing alone?
    It all depends on the day your going to fish? If its on Monday fishing between Centennial campground to the Pillars is a good bet, then calling a taxi for the chase all in all the cost will be around 35 bucks. If fishing on any other days with the raft I would float from Izaak Walton by the sterling hwy bridge down to Swiftwater Campground do to the amount of power boat traffic using Alaska canoe 262-2331 as a shuttle service.

thanks......I'll likely be fishing alone so the taxi is out lol. I'd hate to loose my gear and raft while I'm shuttling.

the river wolf is a cool boat as i get to row it around all the time and bang fish like this one.

Default Sweet!!

Very Nice....one day we got to make a video!!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Very Nice....one day we got to make a video!!
    Jedi:

let me no if i have to bring the boat up north to get-r-done