Thread: Recommendations from the Group

Default Recommendations from the Group

I checked with GEICO on insurance this year for my Wooly. They sub-contract out to a company called Ski Safe.

I have a 1993 Wooly with a 250 Evinrude Jet and they are quoting me $561 a year. Issue: The engine (which is a 2005) is only insured to 25% of the total value of the boat or $7000.

I think I can get better. What would you all recommend?

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Try Allstate some were around $450 a year. $40k replacement and 8k engine clause.
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

If you have USAA, they subcontract to Progressive, but at better rates.

State farm quoted me $350.00 for the boat and the new 4-wheeler.

I have been with them for over 10 years though and no infractions.

I have had state farm for years (about 14 or so). I insure my house, my truck, my sleds and trailer, no accidents, good record and such, and when I tried to insure my boat (19 jetline) they wanted $800 a year.

Any local fairbanks people have a source for cheaper *local so to speak* insurance?

I have insurance through Allstate, I pay $340.00 a year for a "cash value policy", essentially if its a total loss they pay the amount for which I have it insured, (I have never tested it).
    The hull is valued at 15K, the motor at 12K, trailer at 2K and the boat equipment at 2700. Total is 31700.00.

I think 340 is very reasonable considering I shouldnt have to fight with a adjuster about what its worth, there was no apraisal done, I just gave them the costs. It was realistic at the time I bought it, I now have added some things and maybe should increase it some? I suppose if someone "inflated" the values of their boat and made a claim it could raise some scruitiny.

I do have some other policies w/Allstate and that might make diffrence, dont know about Geico, we had a claim against Geico this spring and it was not a good experience, maybe because I was the one making the claim. I dont know how well they payout if you have the policy with them? I know I will never put myself in that situation..........