Thread: GPS Software Comparison

Default GPS Software Comparison

I have Garmin Bluechart in a hand-held Garmin 76CS that I use in Prince William Sound. A friend owns a Hummingbird 787c2 fish-finder and he bought the Bluechart sd card and installed it into his Hummingbird. It doesn't work as it is made for Garmin and it requires Navionics instead of Bluechart. I am curious as to the comparison between the Bluechart and the Navionics software that the Hummingbird requires. Does anyone here have experience between the two software programs?
    He is sick that he spent the money for the Bluechart and it doesn't work in his Hummingbird.

I do not know about the difference but I have just installed a garmin in the place of a lowrance. I have the Navionics card that I can't use. I also need a Bluechart for my Garmin. May be we can work a trade?

My friend bought the Navionics SD card for his Hummingbird yesterday and he installed the Bluechart into his Garmin 60 csx GPS. He left Fairbanks for Valdez this morning so I will be interested in hearing what he has to say about his new software.