Thread: Trying to find a Spike Anchor?

Default Trying to find a Spike Anchor?

I see some of the guides on the Kenai and around the state using a Spike Anchor. This looks to be a lead filled pipe with rebar or round bar welded to it. I ask a guide in passing where he got it. He was not sure but he thought that a guy by the name of Steve Hamilton was making them but have had no luck find out any info on him or the anchor. Any info would be appreciated!!!!!!

I believe they are called animal anchors. I don't know where to find them. I have been saving up some lead and pipe to make my own. If you find any good info let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos-66 View Post
    I see some of the guides on the Kenai and around the state using a Spike Anchor. This looks to be a lead filled pipe with rebar or round bar welded to it. I ask a guide in passing where he got it. He was not sure but he thought that a guy by the name of Steve Hamilton was making them but have had no luck find out any info on him or the anchor. Any info would be appreciated!!!!!!
    My dad built a couple for a guy on the Kenai. Made out of square tube filled with lead and rebar. Looked kind of weird to me but he said they worked great.