Thread: Not me...

Default Not me...

I've become aware of an inflammatory thread posted in the fishing section (I'm assuming it was in the dipnet section but I'm posting to all just in case) regarding joing SCADA and being a loser.

I am an advocate for amicable user groups and have never disparaged one group or another in any capacity. I would not ridicule commercials, PU's or give such a negative moniker to either for not sharing my same perspective.

I'm not sure about the wording in the thread that got deleted but from the emails I've received regarding it, it seems as if there was an exuberant message about joining SCADA and being a "loser" if one didn't.

Although I believe in club/association participation, I am not and will never judge nor label anyone for not doing so; its a matter of personal choice which is another thing I strongly believe in. I have in the past posted action items that I believe encouraged others to join clubs (Specifically SFW for the recent invasive species efforts at Alexander Creek), and was passionate about being involved, but kept my candor as diplomatic as possible so as not to offend anyone. I've experienced the sensitive nature when I first joined this Forums years ago and after a hiatus, returned with a renewed respect for positive interaction and results-oriented communication.

To those that were offended by the original message, I hope that you will research my previous posts in other threads and discover for yourself that I am a relatively neutral person and do not drop myself to the level of name calling. In previous messages, you will discover that I am a person that likes to focus on resolving issues, not creating them.

Thanks to all that have taken the time to read this, and thanks to my friends that know I wouldn't post such horrible characterization.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default Well put

BCR-
    I read WAY more than I post, but it is fair to say that you and a few others are ones that I count on to give good advice derived from your life experiences and I thank you for it. Dont let nay-sayers and poo-pooers discourage you. Stick the high ground and keep your hooks sharp.

Default Encourgment

I've been blessed with good friends that; although they thought it was me but really wasn't, went to bat for me and attempted to defend my good name.

The source of the inflammatory post was from a young guy that heard what I had said in conversation and applied to the forums with his own flare, without realizing he was still under my login.

So the moral of the story is; when you login, logout to avoid being misrepresented. I have done the same thing intentially with some friens for practical jokes on their social networking sites and now that I've had a dose of my own medicine; I will never do such a thing again.

Thanks again to those of you that know me and stood up for me; you guys are priceless comrades!
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Quote Originally Posted by Back Country Robb View Post

The source of the inflammatory post was from a young guy that heard what I had said in conversation and applied to the forums with his own flare, without realizing he was still under my login.

So the moral of the story is; when you login, logout to avoid being misrepresented. I have done the same thing intentially with some friens for practical jokes on their social networking sites and now that I've had a dose of my own medicine; I will never do such a thing again.

Thanks again to those of you that know me and stood up for me; you guys are priceless comrades!
    Robb, I'm confused. I saw the original post and really didn't think to much of it. I figured if anything you were maybe typing with one hand for the beverage in the other hand.

Evidently I missed the fallout and assume the thread was deleted.

Are you saying that someone you know logged on to your computer under your user name and posted that thread after overhearing a similar conversation?

Was this a public computer or your personal one?

If this person was someone close enough to you to have access to your computer and used it to log on and put his own spin in a thread, then I would rethink my association with that person. Or was it all a bad joke gone wrong?

Please explain a little more just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Default Computer

Logged on at work and was showing a couple of guys the sites for fishing info, this was one of them and then I went back downstairs to my office. Is your curiosity satisfied?

For those of you new to this; Mr. Northriver21 is the only conflict I've had on the forums and the reason I took that original hiatus.

Default As a side note...

I and SCADA were caught up in the mix when other than Rob posted. I hold Rob in High esteem and know he would not go out of his way to harm the dipnetters association. That said, let us move on and carry something other than a post that was not him. Help do something for your community, the resource, the habitat or your own family. Life is too short to wallow in such small postings or problems. Tight lines and tight nets. Ken F.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Logged on at work and was showing a couple of guys the sites for fishing info, this was one of them and then I went back downstairs to my office. Is your curiosity satisfied?
    Yeah, but it was an honest question. There was no hidden agenda.

For those of you new to this; Mr. Northriver21 is the only conflict I've had on the forums and the reason I took that original hiatus.
    I thought we hashed that out and we both figured out what went wrong. We exchanged several PM's and all were pleasant. I really think you misunderstood my post. At least I thought we were past all that. Why bring it back up here and now?

I dont understand how our exchange caused you to take a hiatus.

Default No worries.

Okay, Northriver21, we're good man!

Just pointing it out since we've not chatted in quite some time - misunderstanding aside and moving onward.

Almost feel like I need to have a "love-in" to clear the karma.

whoooooeeee